Senior Program Manager
South San Francisco, CA
At Lyterian Therapeutics, we are committed to developing medicines for patients in need by co-opting physiologically-relevant protein homeostatic mechanisms to regulate genetically-validated targets.
As a Senior Program Manager, you will be responsible for oversight of several projects within Lyterian’s project portfolio. Your responsibilities will include planning upcoming projects, coordinating and tracking activities across projects, and contributing to the development of processes and systems for forecasting and execution across our portfolio of internal and external drug discovery efforts. You will collaborate extensively with internal scientists and external partners to guide our efforts to develop novel therapeutics for unmet medical needs.
We look for teammates who are inspired by our mission and want to work in a collaborative, rigorous, and entrepreneurial environment. We seek candidates who are self-motivated, collaborative, proactive, and possess a strong desire to discover novel biology and new drugs. Efficient time management, excellent organizational and communication skills, and passion for high-quality, translational science are essential.
Impact You'll Make:
- Develop and manage detailed project plans and integrated timelines for projects that are medium to large in scope/complexity. These may include but are not limited to drug discovery efforts, corporate goals, external collaborations, and projects executed by external CROs
- Play a critical role in engagement and follow-up for external sponsored research agreements and partnerships
- Implement recommendations for program and project related decisions
- Contribute to the development of processes and tools to enable planning and execution of projects
- Partner with Finance and Lyterian scientists to develop project budgets and track resource utilization (finance and people) across projects
- Facilitate and document team meetings to enable cross-functional communication, clear decision-making, and alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for creating collaborative partnerships and building and managing multiple project teams that may include external collaborators
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a life science discipline, MS or PhD preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of project management experience in a biotech/pharma and/or academic research environment
- Complete understanding and demonstrated skills in fundamental project management principles and practices
- Proficiency with project management software, tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience with Smartsheet, Office Timeline, and Lucidchart or Visio preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Tools, especially Teams and SharePoint
- Experience facilitating and documenting team meetings to enable cross-functional communication, decision-making, and alignment with internal and external stakeholders while managing project scope, deliverables, risks, and resources
- Outstanding organization and planning skills to effectively manage competing priorities, resources, and activities
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive and effective working relationships within and across multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to design and implement medium-scale process improvements
- Agile mindset and flexible approach to design and implement fit-for-purpose solutions
- Detail-oriented mindset with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative and boldness to dive into a fast-paced new startup
$145,000 - $170,000 a year
We encourage candidates of all levels to apply as there is often flexibility on job title and responsibilities. Compensation will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, qualifications, internal equity and location. Lyterian offers a competitive employment package that includes an annual bonus, significant equity, and a generous benefits package including comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for our employees and their families, plus a 401K match.
At Lyterian, we believe that a diverse, open, and inclusive environment and culture is key to our success. We will not be influenced in recruiting, hiring, promoting or any other employment practices by race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical or genetic condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Lyterian will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.