(Senior) Research Associate, Cellular Assays
South San Francisco, CA
Biochemistry & Cellular Engineering /
At Lyterian Therapeutics, we are committed to developing medicines for patients in need by co-opting physiologically-relevant protein homeostatic mechanisms to regulate genetically-validated targets.
As (Senior) Research Associate, Cellular Assays you will be responsible for creating and characterizing cellular systems relevant to our protein degradation drug discovery platform and programs, including with neurons, stem cells, and iNeurons. You will optimize high-throughput cellular assays to provide hit-to-lead and mechanism of action studies to early-stage research and discovery programs. By collaborating closely with protein biochemists, biophysicists, and molecular biologists, you will uncover fundamental biology behind induced protein degradation.
Impact You'll Make:
- Create, maintain, and use a variety of cell lines, including stem cells, neurons, iPSCs, and iNeurons
- Engineer cells using techniques like CRISPR, TALENs, RNAi, transfection, transduction, differentiation, etc
- Use automation, high-content microscopy, and/or flow cytometry to develop our proprietary platform
- Optimize and run medium to high-throughput cellular screening assays
- Collaborate and communicate across a diverse scientific team to successfully progress Lyterian goals
- BA/BS in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related discipline with 2-6 years of relevant experience
- Experience with cellular and molecular biology experiments to create and characterize multiple types of cell lines
- Experience running assays on automated liquid handlers (Agilent, Hamilton, Tecan, Beckman, etc.)
- Experience culturing with sterile technique and maintaining high throughput cell culture assays
- Experience with fluorescence and luminescence detection platforms and high-content microscopy, and/or flow cytometry is a plus
- Experience with challenging cell types, like iNeurons or IPSCs preferred
- Ability to keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, communicate clearly, work within departmental groups, and to build open and collaborative relationships
- Initiative and boldness to dive into a fast-paced new startup
$70,000 - $118,000 a year
The expected base salary range for this role is $70,000 - $95,000 for Research Associate and $90,000 - $118,000 for Senior Research Associate level. We encourage candidates of all levels to apply as there is often flexibility on job title and responsibilities. Compensation will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, qualifications, internal equity and location. Lyterian offers a competitive employment package that includes an annual bonus, significant equity, and a generous benefits package including comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for our employees and their families, plus a 401K match.
At Lyterian, we believe that a diverse, open, and inclusive environment and culture is key to our success. We will not be influenced in recruiting, hiring, promoting or any other employment practices by race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical or genetic condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Lyterian will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Note to External Recruiters: Submission of unsolicited resumes prior to an agreement set in place does not create any implied obligation.