Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist, Compound Management
South San Francisco, CA
At Lyterian Therapeutics, we are committed to developing medicines for patients in need by co-opting physiologically-relevant protein homeostatic mechanisms to regulate genetically-validated targets.
As (Senior) Research Associate, Compound Management you will be responsible for managing registration, cataloging, maintaining, and delivering compounds to researchers from early drug discovery steps to pre-clinical studies. You will lead the development of a compound management system and database for our exciting early-stage company. By collaborating closely with medicinal chemists, computational chemists, biochemists, and biologists you will be a part of the team aiming to uncover fundamental biology behind induced protein degradation.
We look for teammates who are inspired by our mission and want to work in a collaborative, rigorous, and entrepreneurial environment. We seek candidates who are self-motivated, collaborative, proactive, and possess a strong desire to discover novel biology and new drugs. Efficient time management, excellent organizational and communication skills, and passion for high-quality, translational science are essential.
Impact You'll Make:
- Manage chemical inventory software and maintain the accuracy of the compound collection inventory, ensuring proper compound inventory storage, registration, and usage records
- Closely work with scientists to develop, test, and optimize laboratory automation systems, protocols, and all related software tools for sample, inventory, tracking, distribution, and data management
- Manage the operation of fulfilling compound requests from internal research scientists supporting drug discovery efforts
- Work closely with cross functional chemistry, ADME and in-vitro-pharmacology teams to coordinate compound registration activities to delivery of assay-ready plates maintaining rapid cycle times
- Collaborate with our chemistry team to build cheminformatics and configure commercially available chemical management (CM) software
- Establish and execute SOPs and processes related to storage of reagents, inventory, preparation of samples for testing, and shipping/receipt of compounds
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the compound distribution/management system, including weighing of compounds, DMSO reformatting, liquid handling robotics platforms, etc.
- Arrange support and maintenance for onsite instruments
- Work with Facilities to ensure a culture of safety and help with EH&S as needed
- Check on the stability of compounds using LC-MS or other methods
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve business, operations, and quality control objectives
- BS/MS in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Development, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- >3 years experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech industry setting
- Experience using HPLC and LC-MS platforms for quality control (QC)
- Experience in cheminformatics softwares (such as Chemdraw, ICM-Pro, CDD)
- Experience with inventory/request database systems for compound and/or biological sample management (LIMS)
- Experience in operating and troubleshooting compound management automation platforms, liquid handling, periphery devices (i.e., tube sorting/2D barcode scanning)
- Liquid handling scripting, automated workflow scheduling and software programming are a plus
- 2 years experience in chemical compound registration
- Understanding of EH&S protocols
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and within a multidisciplinary team
- Initiative and boldness to dive into a fast-paced new startup
$91,000 - $138,000 a year
We encourage candidates of all levels to apply as there is often flexibility on job title and responsibilities. Compensation will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, qualifications, internal equity and location. Lyterian offers a competitive employment package that includes an annual bonus, significant equity, and a generous benefits package including comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for our employees and their families, plus a 401K match
At Lyterian, we believe that a diverse, open, and inclusive environment and culture is key to our success. We will not be influenced in recruiting, hiring, promoting or any other employment practices by race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical or genetic condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Lyterian will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Note to External Recruiters: Submission of unsolicited resumes prior to an agreement set in place does not create any implied obligation.