Senior Light Field Rendering Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Lytro Immerge (VR/AR)
Lytro Immerge is the world’s first professional Light Field powered solution for Virtual Reality. From our novel multi-camera rig/array capture system to rendering and post production software and tools, Immerge is the first system to provide content creators the ability to achieve lifelike presence through capturing the world in six degrees of freedom (6DoF).
The Immerge team is growing and we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to contribute to the development of our light field view synthesis engine for VR. In this key role, you will be researching and developing production-ready algorithms to synthesize view from rich light field datasets. You will collaborate closely with other members of the processing, view synthesis and playback teams, as well as some of the most talented computer graphics experts in the world.
- Design and implement algorithms that synthesize novel views of a scene from rich Light Field capture datasets.
- Have a keen eye on image quality by actively monitoring rendering output and coming up with suggestions to improve the state-of-the-art.
- Deliver code that is readable, portable, well-documented and satisfies the technical and graphical requirements of our product.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience with graphics programming.
- Primary coding in C/C++.
- Thorough understanding of 3D math.
- Expertise in ray tracers
- Experience rendering high-quality content for 3D animated movies or for scientific applications is ideal.
- Familiarity with concurrency.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment (or start-up DNA).
- Familiarity with memory and performance optimizations.
- Familiarity with distributed processing.
- Contributes to open source software using revision control.