Lead Computer Vision Systems Architect, VR
Mountain View, CA
Lytro Immerge (VR/AR)
About Lytro: Lytro is revolutionizing high-end content creation for Virtual Reality and Cinema with the world’s first professional Light Field solutions. We are backed by top-tier VCs including Andreessen-Horowitz, Greylock Partners, NEA, and North Bridge Venture Partners and have built a world-class team and culture driven by innovation and collaboration.
About The Opportunity:Lytro Immerge is the world’s first professional Light Field solution for Virtual Reality. From the proprietary multi-camera capture system, to the rendering and post-production software and tools, our system enables content creators to achieve life-like presence through 6DoF (six degrees of freedom).
The Lytro Immerge team is looking for a Lead Computer Vision Architect to own and extend Lytro’s automated processing pipeline for Virtual Reality (VR). This is a hands-on technical leadership role responsible for guiding the computer vision technology behind Lytro Immerge for both short-term deliverables and long-term strategy.
- Assume technical ownership of the automated VR processing pipeline and oversee the work of a talented team of Computer Vision and Computational Photography engineers.
- Leverage your expertise in multi-camera capture systems and other areas of computer vision in a production context.
- Mentor your team in both their day-to-day responsibilities and their longer-term career growth.
- Write critical pieces of the system, as necessary.
- Own, maintain, and extend a high quality production code base.
- Collaborate closely with post-production artists, camera engineers, and product management on near-term deliverables and long-term roadmap planning.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Deep expertise in multi-camera capture systems and/or multi-view depth reconstruction.
- Proven ability to technically lead a talented team of computer vision and computational photography engineers.
- Proven ability to maintain a high quality C++ production codebase, by both personal submissions and code reviews.
- Extensive hands-on experience with 2+ years operating in a lead role/capacity.
- Experience with tools and workflows used in visual effects (VFX) and animation rendering (e.g. Nuke, Deadline, Renderman).
- Experience with raw image processing.