Senior Nuke Compositor, VR
Mountain View, CA
Lytro is revolutionizing high-end content creation for Virtual Reality and Cinema with the world’s first professional Light Field solutions. We are backed by top-tier VCs including Andreessen-Horowitz, Greylock Partners, NEA, and North Bridge Venture Partners and have built a world-class team and dynamic culture driven by innovation and collaboration.
We are always looking to connect with curious and talented individuals who are inspired to working on challenging and futuristic technology and like to solve hard problems.
About The Team:
Lytro Immerge is the world’s first professional Light Field solution for Virtual Reality. From the proprietary multi-camera capture system, to the rendering and post-production software and tools, Immerge enables content creators to achieve life-like presence through 6DoF (six degrees of freedom). The Immerge post-production team is growing and we are looking for a senior level compositor to work on product development as well as the production of groundbreaking VR content for Lytro and our partners. Our team is small and there is an opportunity to make a significant impact and leverage your strong compositing generalist skills.
- Compositing, tracking, grading, rotoscoping, plate preparation, paint and clean up.
- Define and effectively describe efficient and innovative workflows for our internal teams and external customers. In particular, setting up and distributing template scripts, workflow descriptions and tools using Lytro’s proprietary Light Fields for the first time.
- Collaborate closely with engineers to write specs and deliver user friendly tools, both stand alone and written specifically for Nuke and or other compositing packages.
- Guide the post-production team to produce beautiful content for external partners and internal customers.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive professional experience with compositing for Stereo Feature Films and the VFX industry.
- Expert-level skills in Nuke along with adept experience with a wide variety of compositing tools.
- Experience working with a supervision team to plan the creative and technical approach to new and novel productions.
- Knowledge and understanding of both production and post production pipelines.
- Experience working with engineers in look dev or research.
- Strong understanding of 3D and CG integration within 2d workflows.
- Experience and extensive knowledge of stereoscopic tools and methods.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and project management skills.
- Experience collaborating effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Previous experience as a compositing supervisor is a plus.
- Onset supervision experience.
- Work experience on high profile stereoscopic productions.
- Experience in 2d to 3d conversion.
- Silhouette, Mocha Pro experience.