Senior UI-UX Designer
Mountain View, CA
Our product team is growing and we are looking for a creative and talented User Interface and Experience Designer to play a key part in helping us invent the future of imaging tools for professional Virtual Reality and Cinema. You will drive the overall experience and usability across our entire product line (both hardware and software) includiing building intuitive interfaces for our novel Light Field capture devices and designing our cloud processing system and post-production/VFX editing solutions. This is a senior and impactful role directly influencing the interactions and experiences that our users will have across our entire ecosystem.
- Conceptualize and design novel user experiences for Lytro’s professional light field solutions for Cinema and VR products.
- Take products through the entire design process, from conception to visual execution, owning every pixel that is part of that experience.
- Be the driver of consistent user-facing information architecture throughout our products.
- Collaborate closely with product management, business development and engineering to understand the unique needs of Lytro Cinema and Lytro Immerge customers.
- Manage the implementation of design and interfaces during both the initial development cycles as well over the course of each product’s life.
- Devise creative and extensible user experience studies and leverage those insights to inform our design choices.
- Be a passionate advocate for user experience and design sensibility throughout the product development process.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience developing both user interfaces and experiences, preferably for mixed HW/SW products.
- Passion for rolling up your sleeves, tackling complex challenges, and owning user experience from IA to UX to the final UI.
- Proven ability to understand highly complex technical concepts and make them intuitive.
- Ability to partner and collaborate across many disciplines to drive the best user experience strategies and solutions.
- Ability to thrive in an experimental and fast-paced R&D environment.
- A diverse portfolio of strong design work.
- Hands-on experience with Cinematography, Photography, Virtual Reality, or Visual Effects would be highly valued.