Launchpad: Linia CEO & Co-Founder
Greater Los Angeles Area /
Linia is a new kind of CBD experience - one that brings relief, not confusion. The CBD market has expanded dramatically in recent years and today faces an exciting inflection point. With a lack of household names and credible voices, Linia exists to be the trusted source for wellness and CBD solutions. Transparency, quality, and personalized care sit at the core of the Linia brand, bringing clarity and ease to a market that is poised to go mainstream with alternative solutions for managing one’s mental health in a time when so many are in need.
The M13 Launchpad is hiring a CEO & Co-Founder to join this journey with us. With a strong lineup of products and branded content already developed, you will be armed with the tools and resources needed to quickly take Linia to market and begin an iterative testing and validation process.
As Linia CEO & Co-Founder, you are passionate about the potential of CBD solutions and are excited to be at the forefront of the industry’s evolution. You believe in the value of collaboration and are excited by the opportunity to build alongside industry experts to accelerate your path to success. As CEO, you will set the vision and strategy to bring this new brand to market.
The Opportunity – let’s build this together
The M13 Launchpad was designed to launch companies faster and with less risk. We do this by identifying key sectors where whitespace exists, finding partners that bring unique advantages, engineering high potential founding teams, and surrounding them with resources needed to scale successfully and efficiently. Our first strategic partnership was with P&G Ventures, an internal startup studio within Procter & Gamble. By leveraging expertise in P&G's consumer-inspired innovation and concepts and M13's robust DTC expertise, incubation capabilities, and funding, we successfully launched three high growth consumer businesses this past year.
The Linia team is Launchpad’s fifth launch, with exciting new partnerships bringing both industry expertise and technical skill sets to provide strategic and tactical support to our founding team.
In addition to a first-class supply chain, a lineup of strong products, and inventory in-hand, the founding team will be provided with appropriate funding to support growth throughout its lifecycle, and founders will be well compensated with a mix of elements including salaries and company equity.
Who you are
- A veteran leader who has experience building and running successful organizations; ideally as a GM or C-level executive
- Passionate about the CBD industry, and the potential that its products have to provide effective alternative wellness solutions (previous CBD experience not required)
- A culture builder who can create an environment of trust, inclusion, and mutual respect that helps bring out the best in others
- Passionate about being a Founder - comfortable wearing many hats and working in the details as you build our your team; and ready to create a compelling vision to inspire others to join you on your journey
- Curious, creative and a big-picture thinker who can both ideate on strategy and execute against that
- You bring a breadth of leadership experience in hiring and building teams, owning a P&L and externally representing a brand
- You have proven ability to operate with tenacity and agility, moving easily to address new challenges and opportunities, with limited structure and budget
- A deep curiosity combined with a learning mindset
- A relentless focus on consumer needs and experience
- An experienced leader in direct to consumer businesses and/or the health & wellness sector is strongly preferred
What you’ll be doing:
- As both the founder and CEO, you are the first hire and will set the foundation for everything Linia will become:
- Hiring great talent throughout the organization and creating a healthy, scalable, culture of high performance
- Taking responsibility for bringing this brand to life by designing the GTM strategy and strategic roadmap
- Aligning the operating budget and owning the P&L
- Scaling the business towards the next funding round and beyond
What you get:
- Access to M13’s Launchpad & Propulsion programs including world-class advisors and partners
- Founder’s equity, base compensation & benefits provided by Linia
- Seed funding and resources provided by M13
- Office space in Santa Monica