M13: Talent Analytics and Operations Intern
Los Angeles / Remote /
M13 – Talent /
Founded in 2016 with offices in Los Angeles (HQ) and New York, M13 is a consumer technology venture capital firm that invests in the brightest founders, building the future of consumer behavior in work, commerce, health, and money. M13’s Propulsion Platform is powered by one operating partner for every investing partner: our founders get access to deep operational expertise, tech tools, and a community that helps them build faster and better.
Messier 13 (or M13) is one of the brightest star clusters in the Northern sky. It’s full of remarkable individual stars, and when those stars come together, they create something truly greater than the sum of its parts. All of us at M13 contribute to our collective success by being brighter together.
We are seeking a Talent Analytics and Operations Intern to join our M13 Talent Team.
From hiring the best talent to building and developing high-performing teams, our work touches everything related to People and Human Capital. We guide and partner with founders from across our portfolio , supporting them as they build and scale their startups and we make sure that everyone at M13 is engaged and working at their best. We love to build teams, organizations, and communities.
As the Talent Analytics and Operations Intern, you’ll have the opportunity to step into Venture and work with a best in-class Talent Team with a mission to help our portfolio companies build out their teams as they grow and scale. We are excited for this person to thoughtfully build and scale the systems supporting the Talent Community to ensure we are connecting the best candidates with the right roles across our portfolio.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working alongside a collaborative and enthusiastic team, obsessed with helping our Portfolio Company founders and their teams build their dream teams
- Reviewing how our team operates and interacts across M13 and our portfolio companies to identify areas and opportunities where we can be more effective and add more value, specifically as it pertains to our Talent Community
- Implementing and own best practices for our ATS and CRM, recommend best practices for coding, tracking, and sharing talent with our Portfolio Companies.
- Supporting key hiring initiatives through research and talent mapping to identify emerging sources for talent for M13 and its Portfolio Companies.
- Strategizing marketing initiatives as it relates to M13’s Talent Community to attract top-talent relevant to open roles across our portfolioIdentifying ways to leverage the existing Talent Community to curate a more tailored, positive candidate experience and better serve our portfolio companies as they grow and scale
- Strategically building a pool of candidates in addition to engaging and retaining them by driving conversions with compelling content about M13's company culture and mission
What you bring to the role:
- Interest in People and Talent analytics
- A knack for optimizing recruiting and candidate data to increase top of the funnel pipelines
- Ability to take information and distill it down into actionable
- Excitement to tap into the VC space with a broader mission to help founders build and scale their organizations
- An anticipatory mindset when it comes to talent and recruiting needs of M13’s early-stage companies
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs such as Lever), CRMs (Hubspot), and other sourcing tools
- This is designed to be an internship for graduate level students (MBA/MA).
- The intern program will run from Monday, June 12 to August 18 (10 weeks total), with strong preference for candidates who are able to work from our LA Office.
What’s in it for you:
- One Team, One Dream: A chance to work alongside world-class VC talent in a collaborative and developmentally-focused culture that is respectful, inclusive, diverse, and inspiring. You’ll do the best work of your life here and have fun doing it.
- Investment in Your Future: The salary for this position is between $2,150/week. Actual compensation within this range will depend upon the candidate's skills, experience, qualifications, and level of impact in the role.
Closing: Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
About M13: M13 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.