Cloud Tech Lead (Architect)
Aleios – Tech /
We're Looking for Architects ready to take their next step into becoming thought leaders & pioneers in Cloud technology
We develop our client’s most complex web and mobile applications using state-of-the-art Serverless solutions . Utilizing Lean and Agile methodologies, in combination with our expertise in open-source technologies, we build highly customized products that are used worldwide.
We'll help you grow into a Tech Leader & Provide you with the skills to be a future CTO
We want you to grow with us and invest heavily in your professional growth from day one. If you are interested in entrepreneurialism, building great products, and strong relationships, this is the place for you.
We are part of Theodo Group which so far has founded 8 companies with specialities in Web/Mobile, Serverless Cloud, DevOps and FinTech. All of these are headed up by Theodoers, who received the funding and support to grow their own start-ups. As we continue to grow we hope to expand the Theodo Group network so are looking for entrepreneurial business leaders to join the team.
We support your path toward becoming the expert in your field and offer a transparent progression track. Every aleios team member has a mentor whose goal is to help you progress as rapidly as possible. You will also become a coach and mentor to more junior aleios team members.
We are innovators within the cloud space!
Our focus is building state-of-the-art Serverless solutions and creating autonomous teams for our clients, with an emphasis on skills building and training through delivery. Helping startups build their initial MVPs to larger organisations scaling globally.
This is the opportunity to join an exciting new Serverless consultancy startup inside the security of the wider Theodo group (500) becoming our #14 on the aleios rocket.
We're looking for Architects with experience building with Serverless on AWS.
This role is client-facing, hands-on and team-based.
We build massively scalable, resilient, low cost and high-quality systems for our clients in record time using our expertise, technology and methodology
You will be responsible for leading your client to project success, and becoming a further expert in your skills in Cloud Architecture. We also have a strong focus on contributing to the community through content, talks and open-source.
You will be responsible for contributing to your client projects, contributing to marketing and sales, improving our techniques and practices and pushing forward the state-of-the-art for Serverless!
You'll get the opportunity to progress in a fast-tracked development process and learn the skills to build cutting edge architectures and become a CTO. We pride ourselves on excellence and continuous improvement in all aspects, practising what we preach in an Agile-Lean environment.
- Full-stack development experience with modern Cloud architectures
- Experience with AWS Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Step Functions
- Proficient in Node, TypeScript (preferably additional languages)
- Passion for fully automated CI/CD and IaC
- Experience working in a SCRUM process
- Ability to teach and coach others
- Ability to take leadership opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject areas.
- Involvement in the community (talks, blogs, podcasts, open-source projects)
- Experience with EventBridge, AppSync and X-Ray
- Experience migrating legacy to Serverless
- Sales experience
Additional Skills for Ideal Candidates
- A well-defined progression path to becoming a leader within aleios
- Weekly coaching sessions to make sure you are moving toward your personal and professional goals
- A quarterly budget to buy your tech set-up (~£1200/year)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Monthly socials
- Annual conference trip abroad (COVID dependent)
- Private GP appointments and access to mental health services
- Weekly French lessons
- Flexible work environment, with a split between remote and in-office working (we have a great office in the heart of Soho!)
- Office dog
A Diverse Working Environment:
aleios is committed to diversity and inclusion. We promote a prejudice-free environment and do not discriminate against current or prospective employees in any area such as age, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or health concerns.
We're always looking to hire great talent, so reach out to us to find out more about upcoming opportunities.