Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
Palo Alto, CA
Product Engineering – Marketing Engineering
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
The MZ DSP team builds full-stack technology solutions to support our in-house marketing efforts. As one of the largest global marketers in mobile, MZ solves problems at scale and speed. With our media buying teams entirely in-house, we have unparalleled visibility and control into how our technology is applied.
Our team is agile and we value transparency, encouraging high levels of autonomy and collaboration cross-functionally. Each team member is an integral part of roadmap planning and prioritization discussions, with the opportunity to learn and innovate.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work side-by-side with our science and product management teams. You’ll leverage the latest technologies and design strategies for our in-house demand side bidding technology. You’ll solve unique challenges in that your work will be used for our own direct marketing efforts.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop scalable algorithms and methods to provide real-time recommendations
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to prototype new algorithms and design experiments for evaluation to enhance our marketing efficiency
- Work with engineering teams to implement new models while considering functionality for recommendation output
- Take end to end ownership of Machine Learning systems - from data pipelines and training, to real-time prediction engines
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, and data driven results
- Participate in design discussions about new features and approaches to implementing new services
Your background and who you are:
- BA/BS technical degree and 4+ years of experience developing scalable ML related engineering systems
- Fluent and comfortable in developing and debugging in Python, Java or Scala.
- Knowledge in understanding basic machine learning principles/theories, able to explain to data scientists and layman stakeholders
- Passionate about working with extremely large unstructured and structured data set
- MS/Ph.D degree and 5+ years of experience in machine learning engineering (Degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field)
- Industry experience with relational databases and SQL-based tools such as Vertica, Hive and Pig
- Big data pipeline technologies such as MapReduce, Spark, Kafka.
- Industry experience with mainstream ML libraries such as sklearn, TensorFlow, Keras, GBDT, etc. Exposure to a large-scale machine learning system is a big plus
- Prior roles in the programmatic advertising space such as at a DSP or SSP
- Familiarity with job schedulers (e.g. Airflow)
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.