Software Engineer, Design Data
Palo Alto, CA
Product Engineering – Game Engineering
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
MZ Game Studio is seeking a highly skilled engineer to join our game systems team. You will work as a bridge between the feature engineers, infrastructure teams, and game designers to define the architecture of our data format and delivery. This team plays an integral part in the efficiency and safety of deploying features daily.
What you’ll be doing
- Increase the safety and testability of live data changes to prevent poor user experiences by providing clear, actionable information about problems as early as possible
- Drive the design validation framework and guidelines for developers and designers to have high data coverage
- Improve the developer experience with design data across different data sets and game environments
- Explore and develop new workflows that expand our capabilities to create games on demanding schedules
- Make decisions on systemic changes while considering impact to many stakeholders
Your background and who you are
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Must be proactive, self-directed, detailed and organized
- Experience with multiple data storage systems (MySQL, SQLite, etc.)
- Developed the design data pipeline of released game titles
- Passion for helping team members finish their work faster
- Worked with either Git or Perforce
- Proficient in PHP and Python
- Experience improving existing large production codebases seamlessly without service interruption
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.