Game Ambassador (Bilingual Japanese/English)
Las Vegas, NV
Studio Services – 15. Customer Support
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
As a member of MZ’s Game Ambassador (GA) team you will coordinate with Production, Design, QA, and Support teams to deliver best-in-class service to our players. Additionally you will serve as a subject matter expert and a first responder for the CS organization on all deployments, releases, and incidents.
It is vital for all GAs to always demonstrate exceptional judgment and communication practices, and a deep understanding of product strategies including sales, events, economy and game design. As a vital hub of communication, technical writing skills are paramount in ensuring that information is disseminated with exceptional clarity.
In everything they do, we rely on our Game Ambassadors to demonstrate our core values and our commitment to players with all of their actions and decisions.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain an expert level knowledge of all MZ games, including a technical understanding of event/sale activation practices.
- Gather information from a variety of sources, and disseminate it to all sites via the use of knowledge-base content articles and Slack.
- Demonstrate expert technical writing skills, ensuring that the information is disseminated well and easily understood by all ticket taking agents.
- Test reported issues and document them in JIRAs when appropriate, with all relevant details and repro steps.
- Work closely with QA, Design, and Live Ops teams to investigate, prioritize, and resolve live issues.
- Draft public facing content, such as help articles and responses to players during incidents, ensuring that we build good relationships with our players at all times.
- Provide teams with pre-formatted (macro) content pieces when appropriate, equipping teams with valuable information to answer our players and their questions.
- Assess team members’ game play and new feature/function understanding regularly and provide required up-training as needed.
- Respond to all knowledge-base inquiries in a timely manner.
Your background and who you are:
- 1+ years directly supporting mobile free-to-play games
- Fluent in Japanese and English (required)
- Thorough knowledge of game economies and design
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Organizational skills, detail-oriented problem solving approach, and adaptability to change
- Ability to communicate effectively and stay calm while under pressure, particularly cross-departmentally
- Strong analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- BA degree in Communications
- Knowledge of or experience with SQL
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.