Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Engineering Operations
Palo Alto, CA
Infrastructure & Operations Engineering – Operations Engineering
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
MZ is seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer for the Game Engineering vertical who will play a major role in integrating Operations team and Game Engineering overall. You’ll be tasked with maintaining our complex infrastructure and optimizing our Game environment for maximum up-time. You’ll also monitor and build out our systems to ensure health and scalability in a fast paced environment. SRE's on this critical role have a strong say in our infrastructure decisions moving forward. This is your chance to be a part of mobile history!
What you’ll be doing:
- Create, monitor, and scale our operations efforts through innovative automation approaches, configuration management
- Develop and monitor our global infrastructure as we scale internationally
- Build custom tools and instrumentation that ensure maximum system up-time and health
- Research new industry practices and explore the newest technologies such as containerization with Docker and Kubernetes
- Play with: Puppet, Python, SaltStack, ELK stack, MySQL, Redis, Nginx, Graphite, Sensu, Prometheus
Your background and who you are:
- At least 8+ years of experience with Unix/Linux and system administration related tasks
- Strong knowledge of system architecture, performance tuning concepts, and web applications
- Passionate about automation and configuration management (Puppet, SaltStack, Chef, etc.)
- Scripting and programming mastery across a variety of languages (Python, Golang)
- Expertise in large scale, high volume operations environments
- Strong foundation with relational database technologies and caching techniques
- 2+ years of application development
- 2+ years of experience with networking systems and technologies
- Lastly proactive in solving problems, possess excellent communication skills and develop solutions with end-users in mind
- Experience migrating applications towards micro-services and deploying container orchestrators such as Kubernetes/Mesos
- Proven experience in building applications that can automate operational efforts
- Experience evangelizing best practices around reliability and scalability
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.