Senior Engine Developer (C++)
Palo Alto, CA
Product Engineering – Game Engineering
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
MZ is seeking a highly skilled Senior Engine Developer to join our client engineering team. This role is primarily responsible for developing cross-platform client technologies with a focus on Android using C++ and Java. Qualified candidates must be proficient in writing highly optimized, extensible, and maintainable code under aggressive deadlines, and must have experience architecting and developing cross-platform software.
What you'll be doing:
- Code primarily in C++ and Java to implement cross-platform client libraries
- Design cross-platform APIs and provide usage documentation for end users
- Produce high quality, well-documented code promoting modularity, extensibility and performance
- Perform code reviews for peers
Your background and who you are:
- 8+ years of expert level C++ experience
- Strong background in computer science fundamentals, design patterns, algorithms and data structures
- Exceptional problem solving and debugging skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Shipped multiple applications or games preferably on Android and iOS
- 3+ years of Java experience, recommended
- Familiarity with Android development tools and processes, recommended
- Experience with interoperating between C++ and Java over the Java Native Interface (JNI), recommended
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.