Computer Vision Research Scientist
Palo Alto, CA
Satori is a powerful application platform which provides the messaging solution between components in our customers’ applications. Satori provides connectivity between a very large volume of devices with low latency processing abilities across the whole world. Through Satori we have access to streaming live data from disparate sources with applications ranging from, but not limited to, transportation, to environment and safety for smart cities. As such, Satori offers our internal and external end users limitless possibilities in building applications.
Satori is looking for a Computer Vision Research Scientist to join the Algorithms Team. Our mission is to apply computer vision and machine learning algorithms to the video data streamed through Satori to build innovative products and services for our customers.
What you'll be doing:
- Research and develop new machine learning/deep learning algorithms to solve computer vision problems for smart cities
- Identify patterns in live video data streams and generate actionable insights
- Work closely with other members of the team
- Collaborate with the infrastructure, backend and frontend teams to deploy algorithms into production
Your background and who you are:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with focus on artificial intelligence, machine learning, or computer vision
- 2+ years of experience in applied computer vision and machine learning problems – either at the graduate level or professionally
- 1+ years of Deep Learning experience
- Proficient in C++ and Python; experience in R/Matlab is a plus
- Strong relevant publication record and/or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with open source computer vision and machine/deep learning frameworks such as OpenCV and Tensorflow
- An effective communicator – you shall be an ambassador of MZ Research at external forums
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.