Software Engineer, Java
Palo Alto, CA
Product Engineering – Marketing Engineering
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
The MZ DSP team builds full-stack technology solutions to support our in-house marketing efforts. As one of the largest global marketers in mobile, MZ solves problems at scale and speed. With our media buying teams entirely in-house, we have unparalleled visibility and control into how our technology is applied.
Our team is agile and we value transparency, encouraging high levels of autonomy and collaboration cross-functionally. Each team member is an integral part of roadmap planning and prioritization discussions, with the opportunity to learn and innovate.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to work side-by-side with our science and product management teams. You’ll leverage the latest technologies and design strategies for our in-house demand side bidding technology. You’ll solve unique challenges in that your work will be used for our own direct marketing efforts.
What you'll be doing:
- Writing high-impact code in a variety of languages, primarily Java and Python
- Using agile planning frameworks to implement cutting edge machine learning
- Strategizing about roadmap development with product management & senior leadership
- Implementing low latency bidding and machine learning algorithms
- Performing A/B tests for bidding algorithms
- Collaborating with key stakeholders in science and business teams
Your background and who you are:
- 5+ years experience building high performance, multithreaded and distributed Java systems
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Deep understanding of complex data structures and time complexity
- Deep understanding of Java memory models and Garbage Collection system
- Experience with Python, SQL, XML, JSON
- Passionate about being in a culture of learning and teaching
- Working knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem
- Previous roles in the programmatic advertising space such as a DSP or SSP
- Experience implementing neural net models
- Familiarity with Agile scrum
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.