Sr. 3D Environment Artist
Palo Alto, CA
Art – Game Art
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
At MZ, we build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. We empower our game developers to push the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem. Untethered by the traditional publisher model, and backed by endless resources, every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players.
MZ is seeking a Sr. Environment Artist with amazing artistic skills to help us create compelling worlds for rich gaming experiences on mobile.
MZ offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create the models, textures and materials for props, architecture and terrain
- Set, dress, and light the levels used in the games
- Work with the Art Director to establish and drive the art vision of the game
- Participate in planning and milestone delivery for the environments
- Participate in establishing and maintaining the highest visual quality bar overall for the game
- Ensure the environments meet the performance and memory requirements of the game engine
Your background and who you are:
- 8+ years as an artist in games
- Expert in Maya, Photoshop, Z-brush or equivalent
- Capable with both hand painted and rendered texturing skills, with a focus on stylized over realism
- Ability to generate top-notch art and design in a variety of styles and a portfolio of work demonstrating the same
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Shipped multiple AAA products
- Experience with JIRA, Perforce and other Project Management Tools
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.