Las Vegas, NV
Studio Services – 14. Quality Assurance
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
Machine Zone, creator of the top 5 grossing iOS game, Game of War, is hiring for our QA team!
Are you excited about being part of the leadership of a Mobile QA team that loves to test games and thrives on being challenged by cutting-edge technology? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you! The QA Supervisor will lead multiple shift QA teams in test validation and verification within a mobile gaming space. This role is hands-on, and allows you to help drive implementations and testing solutions for some of the most highly anticipated mobile games ever!
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead, inspire, train and mentor a group of QA professionals to meet/exceed department goals
- Communicate, measure, report, and track performance of simultaneous tasks and associated projects on-time
- Anticipate skill gaps and organizational needs for team and associated projects
- Understand the overall project status, skillfully adapt to changes, and effectively communicate trade-offs and risks
- Work closely with QA Leadership and the game teams to prioritize and meet deliverables
- Build effective teams, establish goals, delegate assignments, and ensure efficient use of resources both locally and remotely
- Create extensive test plans, strategies for testing specific game features, and script solutions to boost productivity
- Act as a point of contact for assigned projects, owning testing results, test plans, etc.
- Manage assigned QA team through the development process, launch, and post-launch
- Be “a voice” of QA, and take part in other activities within the company as needed
Your background and who you are:
- 5+ years as a QA Lead or similar role in charge of a multi-faceted QA team
- Experience within the gaming industry a must
- Knowledge of JIRA and experience with issue tracking/project management tools a must
- Previous experience in mobile games and/or online communities a must
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A focused and proactive approach towards QA, with the ability to work under pressure
- An organized leader with strong work ethic
- Able to pre-empt problems, adapt and ensure contingency plans are always in place
- Must be innovative, proactive, and flexible
- Passion for games and cutting-edge technology!
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.