Las Vegas, NV
Studio Services – 14. Quality Assurance
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
MZ is seeking a QA Lead who has experience executing test strategies on mobile games. They will own and drive the execution of testing and be responsible for keeping everyone informed of the quality levels for their product. As a leader in the QA organization they will inspire and grow their teams, build trust and foster collaboration, and achieve great partnerships through credible communication.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead, inspire, train and mentor a team of QA professionals at all locations to meet/exceed department goals
- Communicate, measure, report, and track performance of simultaneous tasks and associated projects on-time
- Informing and escalation (to the point of resolution) of critical issues, roadblocks/bottlenecks and progress to stakeholders as needed
- Anticipate skill gaps and organizational needs for team and associated projects
- Understand the overall project status, skillfully adapt to changes, and effectively communicate trade-offs and risks
- Work closely with the QA Leadership and the Game Team to prioritize and meet deliverables
- Build effective teams, establish goals, delegate assignments, and ensure efficient use of resources both locally and remotely
- Handle the performance management of your direct reports including consistent 1-on-1s and reviews
- Create extensive test plans, strategies for testing specific game features, and script solutions to boost productivity
- Act as a point of contact for assigned projects, owning testing results, test plans, etc.
- Manage assigned QA team through the development process, launch, and post-launch
- Be “a voice” of QA, and take part in other activities within the company as needed
- Giving candid and direct feedback to team members and dev partners in a timely manner
Your background and who you are:
- 5+ years of QA experience working in a team oriented environment
- 2+ years as a QA Lead or similar role in charge of a multi-faceted QA team
- Experience within the gaming industry
- Knowledge of Jira and experience with issue tracking/project management tools a must
- Previous experience in mobile games and/or online communities a must
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A focused and proactive approach towards game quality, with the ability to work under pressure
- An organized leader with strong work ethic
- Able to preempt problems, adapt and ensure contingency plans are always in place
- Must be innovative, proactive, flexible, and have grit!
- Passion for games and cutting-edge technology!
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.