Senior DevOps Engineer
Palo Alto, CA
The Senior DevOps Engineer is instrumental to the success of Satori and MZ overall. At Satori, we consider DevOps Engineers's as developers who focus on solving infrastructure challenges with elegant automated solutions.
The responsibility of this role is to provide an environment that enables development teams to reach higher productivity. It starts with a robust development environment and covers continuous delivery, monitoring with on-call rotation responsibility, build automation, deployment automation, and infrastructure automation.
You will be responsible for engaging engineering teams to roll out best practices, as well as building out our server infrastructure to support Satori. Your work will directly impact the user experience of Satori users and developers. This is your chance to make big changes happen!
What you'll be doing:
- Write code that runs the Satori infrastructure
- Participate in on-call rotation for the services/infrastructure the SRE team owns
- Develop easy to use solutions that helps dev teams to run, monitor and operate their services
- Develop and monitor our global infrastructure as we scale internationally
- Build custom tools and instrumentation that ensure maximum system uptime and health
- Research new techniques and explore the newest technologies
- Manage infrastructure costs and implement improvements
Your background and who you are:
- 8+ years of experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Strong knowledge of system architecture, performance tuning concepts, and web applications
- Passionate about automation and configuration management
- Strong with software development, the application stack, and network level issues
- Scripting and programming mastery across a variety of languages (Python, C/C++, or Java)
- Expertise in large scale, high volume operations environments
- Strong foundation with relational database technologies and caching techniques
- At least 5 years of experience with Unix/Linux and system administration related tasks
- 2+ years of application development
- 2+ years of experience with networking systems and technologies
- Go.CD (CI/CD)
- AWS and GCP
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.