Palo Alto, CA
Art – 04. Game Art
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
At MZ, we build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. We empower our game developers to push the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem. Untethered by the traditional publisher model, and backed by endless resources, every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players.
MZ is seeking a 3D Animator who is experienced in keyframe animation, as well as comfortable with rigging. Your job is to create amazing performances and breath life into the characters and worlds in our games. MZ games are played by tens of millions of global players. This is your chance to leave your legacy and be part of gaming history! Candidates must be highly organized and a team leader.
MZ offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create high quality 3D Animations of humanoids, creatures, vehicles, assets
- Work with adjacent departments such as game art, design, and engineering
- Maintain basic documentation and asset management
- Assist in outsourcing approval/feedback as needed
- Proactively communicate with contacts in other disciplines and departments to maintain clarity of feature goals
- Work with the Art Director to establish and drive the art vision of the game
- Participate in establishing and maintaining the highest visual quality bar overall for the game
- Ensure the assets meet the performance and memory requirements of the game engine
Your background and who you are:
- 4+ years as a 3D Animator
- Advanced body mechanics abilities
- Expert in Maya
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills
- Experience or knowledge of isometric game development
- Comfortable at rigging characters, props, and environments
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with limited direction
- Ability to generate top-notch art and design in a variety of styles and a portfolio of work demonstrating the same
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Shipped multiple AAA products as an Animation Lead
- Experience with JIRA, Perforce and other Project Management Tools
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.