Associate Blog Writer
Las Vegas, NV
Studio Services – 15. Customer Support
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
As a Blog Writer you will be responsible for conceptualizing, writing, editing and promoting blogs that hype new in-game content, sales, and events across all MZ Game Studio products. Working closely with blog writers and our game teams, you will develop content designed to attract interest and engagement with our events, features, and sales. This role therefore requires a gamer and a marketer mindset, as blog writers are responsible for creating the content our players are looking for, and then optimizing the path to conversion.
This is a high pace content writing environment, which requires impeccable verbal and written communication skills. As this is a live services work environment, new content is being developed daily. It is therefore essential for Blog Writers to work well in fast paced environments that are subject to last minute changes and pivots.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with production teams for each game studio to create engaging blog content pieces surrounding all events, sales, and features.
- Leverage photoshop and existing art assets to prepare images well suited to support each blog we publish.
- Partner with the localization teams on any translation needs related to blog content pieces
- Play our games actively and understand how features work in-depth
- Create concise, eye-catching, and innovative headlines, clincher text, and blog body content
- Ensure that blog content is grammatically correct and free of spelling errors and factual inaccuracies
- Research and organize data related to new content in each title.
- Coordinate blogs for creative approval.
- Coordinate on-time delivery of blog content.
- Complete detailed tracking of blog workflow, including time-tracking and JIRA documentation
Your background and who you are:
- Basic understanding of HTML and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Impeccable spelling and grammar.
- A deep understanding of the target audience and what motivates them, as well as industry trends.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of company leadership.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, and with short delivery deadlines.
- Ideal candidates will have a positive attitude, feel comfortable being assertive when communicating deliverables, and be a problem-solver who is willing to provide alternative solutions.
- Willing to go above and beyond to ensure deliverables are met, with the flexibility to put in extra hours when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related fields, or equivalent work experience
- Community Management experience
- Experience with online, game, and mobile ad copy.
- Understanding of formatting articles for mobile consumption.
- Fan of MZ Game Studio products and the Final Fantasy franchise.
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.