Senior Marketing Operations Analyst
Palo Alto, CA
Performance Marketing – Performance Marketing
The Marketing Operations team at MZ is responsible for redefining performance marketing operations and strategies by utilizing our real time marketing technology platform. MZ connects millions of devices around the world through our multiple top grossing applications. We are capable of analyzing tremendous amounts of data in real time to make critical business decisions to cement MZ as the industry's leader in performance marketing. We are looking for a team oriented key contributor who strives for success at a hyper-paced stride and looking for their next challenge.
The Senior Marketing Operations Analyst's goal is to increase marketing efficiency and organizational agility through world-class functional budget strategies, automation, and analytics. The Senior Marketing Operations Analyst will be tasked with querying large data sets, dashboard creation, and conducting multivariate analysis. The Senior Marketing Operations Analyst will support and effectively communicate findings to the MZ performance marketing team and Executives. The Senior Marketing Operations Analyst should be comfortable working with large data sets conducting complex analysis, converting results into actionable business decisions, and effectively communicate outside of the box insights.
The Senior Marketing Operations Analyst will conduct ad hoc reporting, data modeling, KPI measurement, data automation, and analysis of MZ’s massive scale performance marketing efforts.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the forecast for digital marketing performance
- Identify ways to improve the current models with granularity and precision
- Design, build, and maintain automated reporting dashboards
- Proactively explore data to find trends, discover KPIs, and apply proper hypothesis testing
- Develop robust KPIs and scorecards for marketing performance monitoring
- Initiate and implement process improvements including but not limited to system automation
- Present analysis and findings to a variety of audience
- Coordinate between media buying, engineering, analytics, and other internal teams
Your background and who you are:
- 4+ years of experience in Analytics, Business Intelligence, Finance, or other analytical experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical degree
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand key business drivers, identify the market trend, conduct necessary analysis, and communicate with recommendations
- Team oriented, impeccable attention to detail, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills while working with cross-functional teams
- Mastery of Excel and SQL querying
- Advanced experience with Tableau or other similar visualization tool
- Experience with big data framework
- Experience in Python or R
- Experience with Google Apps Script
- Knowledge of basic statistics
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.