Palo Alto, CA
General and Administrative – 17. Finance
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
The Accounting team is seeking a Tax Manager to support our growing Accounting and Finance organization in Palo Alto, CA. The Tax Manager will assist and lead the compliance activities for the MZ’s global operations and be responsible for the Company’s worldwide reporting, tax planning, audit and compliance.
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage U.S. federal and state income tax returns, working closely with outside tax advisors and service providers
- Oversee tax returns for international subsidiaries
- Manage sales, use and property tax and VAT/GST reporting
- Ensure timely filings and compliance
- Provide assistance with the Company’s annual tax provision and related disclosure
- Technical research and compliance memos as needed
- Assist with tax audits and responding to requests for information
- Identify and assist to mitigate any tax risks
- Work closely with internal tax counsel and collaborate with legal team on tax related contract and transactional issues
- Provide support for M&A projects and due diligence
Your Background And Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- 6+ years of domestic and international corporate tax experience
- Experience in both public accounting and/or multinational high tech industry
- CPA preferred
- Experience in international, state and local tax, including sales tax, credits and incentives
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting for income taxes
- Demonstrate technical knowledge in U.S. consolidated and multi-state tax return preparation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, growth-focused environment
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.