Senior Project Manager, Marketing
Palo Alto, CA
Performance Marketing – Performance Marketing
The Senior Project Manager is the operational backbone of the Marketing team. Successful candidates will demonstrate knowledge of the multi-channel marketing landscape and will have a proven track record of success in project management. They will own and execute all levels of scheduling, monitoring, tracking and executing marketing projects including all milestones and project deadlines to enable smooth and timely operations.
The ideal candidate will possess a variety of competencies including a proven ability in leading cross-functional teams, strong project management, follow-through, communication, and the capability to manage and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously. They will own the daily stand-up meetings, ensuring that all senior stakeholders are apprised of the status of the various builds and any dependencies which need senior decision making.
Execution, execution, execution. You understand how to complete a project without having a perfect picture, but your instincts lead the way, and your process-driven approach translates well to finding the path to completion. We are seeking self-starters who can multi-task, be dependable, and have concise execution during times of high stress.
What you'll be doing:
- Defining, scoping, and tracking short and long-term tasks and projects for the marketing team
- Providing briefs and reports to senior executives on progress and advising on dependencies
- Working with the team to anticipate the assets and assistance they need from other departments
- Facilitating cross department communications and tracking movement of other departments' tasks that impact BI and Marketing
- Creating 3-6 month timeline/schedules of known events
- Facilitating and organizing marketing assets
- Mitigating urgent requests or tasks when they ariseLeveraging data to make decisions that impact process and product to create more efficient delivery pipelines
Your background and who you are:
- 5+ years of relevant experience working in a digital company, or as a consultant for a digital company
- Knowledgeable of the evolving advertising landscape, including exposure to digital marketing and media
- Advanced level Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing and media analytics and how to apply data to test and optimize campaigns in marketing
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Working knowledge of JIRA or other project tracking tools
- Experience working directly in marketing or digital advertising companies
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.