Palo Alto, CA
Product Engineering – Game Engineering
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
MZ Game Studio is seeking a highly skilled engineer to join our game systems team. You will work as the primary advocate for game designer workflow improvements, from removing repetitive actions in feature development to maximizing data readability for design review. This team plays an integral part in the efficiency and safety of deploying features daily.
What you’ll be doing
- Work directly with game designers on workflow automation and improvements
- Improve the minimum turnaround on highest recurring features
- Reduce human error rates in design data that get past local iteration
- Support and guide adoption of tools and processes from external teams to designers
- Understanding the designers’ constantly transient and volatile needs
- Consider content scalability and maintainability in each designer tool
- Reduce tool support through tool usability and clarity iterations
- Apply technical solutions to game design problems
Your background and who you are
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Must be proactive, self-directed, detailed and organized
- Proficient with Excel and other third-party spreadsheet applications
- Passion for developing maintainable and measurable tools
- Proficient with Perforce and designer submission pipelines
- Experience in building internal tools for functionality first
- Flexibility to be available off hours for tool support
- Comfortable with an aggressive schedule and daily deliverables
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.