Palo Alto, CA
Art – Game Art
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
At MZ, we build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. We empower our game developers to push the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem. Untethered by the traditional publisher model, and backed by endless resources, every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players.
MZ is seeking a 2d Artist with amazing artistic skills to help us create rich gaming experiences on mobile.
MZ offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
What you'll be doing:
- Create production art, which includes characters, creatures, worlds and backgrounds for the game
- Create storyboards and moodboards to help establish the art vision of the game during pre production
- Establish render targets for our outsource partners
- Participate in planning and milestone delivery for the assets
- Participate in establishing and maintaining the highest visual quality bar overall for the game
Your background and who you are:
- 5+ years as an artist
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite
- Capable with both hand painted and rendered texturing skills, with a focus on stylized over realism
- Excellent design and drawing skills, highlighting the effective use of color, form, light and composition
- Ability to generate top-notch art and design in a variety of styles and a portfolio of work demonstrating the same
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of how to translate your concept ideas to a real-time game
- Shipped multiple AAA products as a Lead Artist
- Experience with JIRA, Perforce and other Project Management Tools
- Substance Painter / Designer, ZBrush, Maya experience
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.