2 Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Government – DevOps /
There’s something special about working for Macquarie Government. We have over 15 years of experience in providing Government agencies with secure, reliable, and proactive services.
The way we do this is completely different from our competitors - we provide the best customer experience in Australia. We recognise talent, ambition and passion in people and welcome this to our team as we are raising the benchmark on service and strive to make a genuine difference.
Here’s your chance to become a part of this.
The DevOps Engineer role is to simplify the management of the Government Cloud Services infrastructure through automation, standardisation, integration, reporting, compliance checking and remediation of infrastructure under management.
What you'll be doing
- Design, development, testing and implementation of automation workflows to provision, change and de-provision infrastructure elements
- Integration, management and support of infrastructure management systems (i.e. NMIS, NetBox, ServiceNow, vCloud Director, WDS, RedHat Satellite)
- You will report, manage, and where possible automate, the remediation of non-compliance between infrastructure under management and billing systems
- Design, development, testing and implementation of key internal applications, including database management (Password Database, CMDB Discovery, Confluence)
- Design, development and support of API-based data integrations with key customers focusing on ITSM and CMDB
- You will evaluate and then champion new technology to support underlying business needs and initiatives
- You will document, train, provide guidance and be an evangelist for the adoption of a DevOps approach
Your ideal skills and experience
- You are a competent engineer, with experience across a broad range of network, system administration and software development technologies
- You have 7+ years experience in relevant technical roles across a mix of network or systems administration and application developer roles
- Scripting and automation with Python, Ansible, Kubernetes/Docker PowerShell or similar with specific experience in continuous integration and deployment
- Database administration and management with MS-SQL, MySQL, Postgres
- System administration with Microsoft Windows server and Linux or other Unix variants
- VMware or other virtualisation technologies
- Network administration with switching, routing and firewalls or other network and security devices, such as F5 load balancers
- Experience with ServiceNow configuration and management
- Knowledge of SNMP and network monitoring
- Experience in managing CMDB (Config Management Database) incl discovery and service mapping
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and release schedules
- Professional exposure to Continuous Integration/Delivery processes and pipelines
- You’d be joining a company that has the highest Net Promoter Score on the ASX, the World's best customer experience & crowned in 2020 at the World Communications Awards.
- You’ll get to make an impact: Enjoy being part of a driven team with a collaborative culture that values decision-makers and action
- We Invest in you: Accelerate your career through our learning & development opportunities - think Gallup strengths-based training, defined career pathways & fantastic internal mobility opportunities across the group!
You will be joining a great team who have trust of 42% of Australian Federal Government. Our customers enjoy working with us, and our teams are working with new technology and new ideas. We have a flat management structure and a management team who want the best for, and from, their team.
If this excites you, let’s chat.