Business Development Manager
Level 12, 221 London Circuit, Canberra ACT 2600
Government – Sales /
We’re growing, not slowing, here at Macquarie Technology Group because we’re passionate about doing things differently. We want to challenge the industry and look for better ways of doing things. As a company, Macquarie Technology Group are hardworking, results and success focused, and we work well together. We also take the time to celebrate our success and make sure our people are doing work that makes a difference.
Join a team that’s doing important things to protect our Commonwealth.
We recognise talent, ambition, and passion in people and welcome this to our team; we’re raising the benchmark on service and strive to make a genuine difference.
Macquarie Government has over 15 years’ experience in providing Government agencies with secure, reliable, and proactive services. We provide secure internet gateway services to 42% of federal government agencies and are the first Australian cloud approved by the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD).
This role will be based in Canberra or Sydney with a blended working arrangement of 3 days in the offices & the remaining working from home. #LI-Hybrid
As a Sales Expert you will identify, develop and sign new customers to Macquarie Government Services. You will develop strong lasting relationships with your clients. You will be supported by a passionate, experienced and talented team of sales engineers, architects and consultants.
You have an understanding of technology and infrastructure along with a desire and passion to learn and grow in this exciting, dynamic space.
You've learned that you can deliver results through relentless sales hunting combined with always creating value for your clients. We highlight this as an important attribute because our clients typically remain with us for a significant duration of time because of it.
A unique and exciting opportunity to join us at Macquarie Government as an Business Development Manager who is a key part of this team and a core member of a highly skilled team committed to the support of a portfolio of Government customers.
Reporting to the GM Sales in Macquarie Government, you will play a critical role in the overall growth and operational efficiency of the group.
What you'll be doing
- Hunting and Farming new opportunities across Government and the Commonwealth
- Deliver qualified sales opportunities.
- All the usual BDM pipeline stuff
- Proven track record that you can start, build and maintain customer relationships
Your ideal skills & experience:
- Hold a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the technology / IT industry
- Proven ability in building strong and healthy pipelines
- An outstanding track record of overachievement against quota in a government or corporate sales environment
- Execution of strategic pursuit plans and engagement of internal resources to deliver on sales campaigns and proposals
- You’d be joining a company that has the highest Net Promoter Score on the ASX, the World's best customer experience & crowned in 2020 at the World Communications Awards.
- You’ll get to make an impact: Enjoy being part of a driven team with a collaborative culture that values decision-makers and action.
- We invest in you: Accelerate your career throughout learning & development opportunities – think Gallup strengths-based training, defined career pathways & fantastic internal mobility opportunity across the group.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. If you like the look of the role, then we’d love to hear from you.
If this excites you, let's chat. Apply now, we'd love to hear from you!