VP of Sales
2 Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Data Centres – Sales /
There’s something special about working for Macquarie Data Centres (part of the Macquarie Technology Group). We are a hardworking, results and success focused team. Our certified strategic data centres are trusted by the biggest hyperscalers, the Australian Federal Government and large multinationals to run and protect their valuable data as we provide the highest levels of security, sovereignty, service and compliance.
We are in an exciting stage of growth and have a one-of-a-kind opportunity for a VP of Sales to join our senior leadership team.
This is a role that will have direct accountability for targeting and delivering sales for our new Hyperscale and Wholesale customers. You will drive multi-megawatt sales outcomes, specifically targeting Global hyperscalers and select rapidly growing AI companies with large storage and computer needs.
What you’ll be doing
- You will be the lead in a high caliber team with the focus on achieving revenue, operational and project outcomes through direct multi-megawatt deals
- You will build, develop and deliver the MDC sales strategy, effectively engaging all relevant parts of the business to achieve our sales goals
- You will develop and execute on a targeted prospect plan for hyperscaler and AI companies, directly leading the sales engagement, converting them to customers in our data centre ecosystem
- You will also lead a small high-performing sales team that is solely focused on wholesale opportunities
- You will be the key hire in our senior leadership team with the opportunity to make real impact and influence MDC success
- You will work strategically and support the Group Executive to assist in the early identification and quantification of significant business issues impacting the growth of the business
Your ideal skills and experience
- You are an experienced senior sales leader ideally from the Data Centre industry or possibly the Technology industry, with a thorough understanding of the intricate data centre space and established relationships with Hyperscale clients
- You have proven track record of large sales and multi-level selling in the enterprise space with case studies showcasing exceptional “hunter” mentality and a resolute enterprise mindset in every sale you make
- You have 10+ years of demonstratable sales leadership experience, cultivating client relationships on a substantial scale
- You are a confident negotiator and relationship builder, with exceptional C-suite stakeholder management experience
- This is a unique role with excellent commission earning potential in one of the most rapidly expanding industries in the world
- You will be joining Australia’s most trusted data centre chosen by major international hyperscalers, large multinationals and over 42% of Australian Federal Government Agencies
- You’ll get to make an impact: joining at the rapid growth stage you will be able to drive and impact the direction of our business and have an exciting journey as a senior leader responsible for our success
- We Invest in you: you will be supported on your journey by a wider business that is adamant in MDC success. We will give you all the tools and resources to succeed
This can be a pivotal role for a senior sales leader looking to make a tangible impact. Apply now, we’d love to hear from you.