Product Strategy Manager - Telco
2 Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Telecom – Product /
We’re growing, not slowing, here at Macquarie Telecom Group because we’re passionate about doing things differently. There’s something special about working for Macquarie Telecom. We’re not the biggest in the industry, where you’re just a number.
We’re not tiny enough that you’ve never heard of us. We’re in that sweet spot where we’re strong enough to punch above our weight. And we definitely do! We make a difference and we’re #SoUnTelco in everything we do.
If you want to make a difference, then this is the place for you!
As our Telco Product Strategy Manager you will manage the lifecycle of Macquarie Telecom’s mobile products leveraging an MVNO partnership for the mid-tier corporate market in Australia in addition to developing the strategy for the broader set of products across the Telco business unit.
The role will involve product lifecycle management, managing the operational interfaces and efficiencies of the products (Customer Service, Assurance and Delivery), price and cost structures, sales support, managing the over-arching strategy for Telco and manage the ecosystem of wholesale partners and offerings.
What you'll be doing
- Work with the Head of Product on the strategy for the Telco business unit across the entire product suite
- Keep abreast of market and industry trends
- Managing the mobile product portfolio, including the current operational performance of the offering, as well as its future development roadmap
- Identify key points of differentiation and articulate
- Product development gating process is adhered to (Concept, Business case development, Product design, Build & Test, Ready for Quote, Launch and Post Launch review)
- Product collateral content development and maintenance
- Independently identify and drive internal activities that enhance the profitability, efficiency, and automation of the access product portfolio.
- Collaborate with Marketing to identify and drive external activities that enhance the profitability, efficiency and automation of the access product portfolio
- Product, cost and price management
- Support sales and sales operations team
Your ideal skills & experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant technical, business or marketing field (i.e. IT, Business, Marketing or Telecommunications)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a product management or similar role in Telecommunications, IT or similar industry. MVNO experience
- Strong understanding mobile products
- Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience developing strategy across a Telco suite of products for corporate
- Strong understanding and passion for technology and telecommunication
- You’d be joining a company that has the highest Net Promoter Score on the ASX, the World's best customer experience & crowned in 2020 at the World Communications Awards.
- You’ll get to make an impact: Enjoy being part of a driven team with a collaborative culture that values decision-makers and action
- We Invest in you: Accelerate your career through our learning & development opportunities - think Gallup strengths-based training, defined career pathways & fantastic internal mobility opportunities across the group!