Business Development Manager
2 Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Government – Sales /
There’s something special about working for Macquarie Government. We have over 15 years of experience in providing Government agencies with secure, reliable, and proactive services.
The way we do this is completely different from our competitors - we provide the best customer experience in Australia. We recognise talent, ambition and passion in people and welcome this to our team as we are raising the benchmark on service and strive to make a genuine difference.
Here’s your chance to become a part of this.
This role will be based in Canberra or Sydney with a blended working arrangement of 3 days in the offices & the remaining working from home. #LI-Hybrid
As a sales expert you will identify, develop and sign new customers to Macquarie Government Services. You will develop strong lasting relationships with your clients. You will be supported by a passionate, experienced and talented team of sales engineers, architects and consultants. Reporting to the GM Sales in Macquarie Government, you will play a critical role in the overall growth and operational efficiency of the group.
You've learned that you can deliver results through relentless sales hunting combined with always creating value for your clients. We highlight this as an important attribute because our clients typically remain with us for a significant duration of time because of it.
What you'll do
- Hunt new opportunities across Federal and State Government client group
- Achieve your sales quota consistently each month by finding and qualifying prospects, and developing solutions that deliver the business outcomes desired by the government agencies in a well formulated and managed process
- Deliver qualified sales opportunities to the business
- Manage and report on your pipeline, forecasts and results through the company CRM
- Implement market analysis activities supported by the Product Development team and external agencies to ensure the provision of accurate information for the selection of opportunities
Your ideal skills & experience:
- 5+ years of successful direct and referenceable technology sales
- Strong track record of overachievement against quota
- Strong ability to develop multi-level relationships within organisations
- Execution of strategic pursuit plans and engagement of internal resources to deliver on sales campaigns and proposals
- Ability to take a logical systematic approach to government agency issues and problems particularly in an IT context
- A bachelor’s degree in Sales, Business Management or other business or technology related field will be an advantage
- You’d be joining a company that has the highest Net Promoter Score on the ASX, the World's best customer experience & crowned in 2020 at the World Communications Awards.
- You’ll get to make an impact: Enjoy being part of a driven team with a collaborative culture that values decision-makers and action.
- We invest in you: Accelerate your career throughout learning & development opportunities – think Gallup strengths-based training, defined career pathways & fantastic internal mobility opportunity across the group.
You will be joining a great team who have trust of 42% of Australian Federal Government. Our customers enjoy working with us, and our teams are working with new technology and new ideas. We have a flat management structure and a management team who want the best for, and from, their team.
If this excites you, let’s chat.
*Please note, we can only consider Australian Citizens for this position as we will need to facilitate Security Clearance