Data Centre Facilities Technician
IC 2, Macquarie Park, NSW
Data Centres – Operations IC2 /
We're Australia's data centre, cloud, cyber security and telecom company for mid-large business, government and hyperscale customers. Our data centres are highly certified and secure environments, trusted by the Government and backed by a 100% service level guarantee. We have announced the commencement of a development approval process to build a new 32-megawatt data centre at our Macquarie Park Data Centre Campus in Sydney, Australia, bringing the total campus IT Load to 50MW . This significant development will be undertaken in phases to meet the needs of global hyperscalers and clouds, enterprise and Government customers.
The Macquarie Data Centres Operations team is highly motivated to provide best in practice support to our customers, with a collaborative approach in maintaining and improving our management capabilities.
About the role
The Data Centre Facility Technician ensures Macquarie Data Centre facility Infrastructure operates to the highest technical and security standards. The role is crucial in supporting Macquarie Telecom Customer Mission Critical Services and plays an integral part in the maintenance of facility infrastructure and in the response to any incidents related to the Data Centre.
On a day to day basis, you will undertake electrical & mechanical preventative maintenance, repair works and call ‐ out services for facility infrastructure equipment, ensuring work is completed within set time frames in a professional, safe and cost-effective manner.
You will also assist in the technical support for all Macquarie Data Centres (Intellicentres) regarding facility projects, operations and upgrades.
You will have a 'mission critical' uptime mindset and also be able to participate in a 24/7 rotating shift roster.
The role covers the three key areas
- Continuous proactive facility maintenance and contractor coordination,
- Supporting the Facility Manager; and
- Response and Resolution of facility incidents related to Macquarie Data Centre (MDC) Facilities.
- You are an experienced Datacentre Technician with at least 2 years hand on management experience in enterprise data centre environments.
- Facility Management, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Diploma equivalent to Australian standards
- Able to obtain Australian Government security clearances to the NV1 level.
- A restricted electrical license to perform switching operations is desirable
- Good knowledge of building services (Structural, DRUPS/UPS, HV/LV switchgear, Electrical Design, Generators, Security Systems, HVAC, Fire, Security, EMS, BMS)
- Ability to travel within Australia to other Intellicentre locations if required
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment presenting innovative ideas
- Possess a “Mission Critical” Uptime mindset
We are growing, it’s a great time to join, click apply now!