Level 12, 221 London Circuit, Canberra ACT 2600
Government – Product & Operations /
We’re growing, not slowing, here at Macquarie Technology Group because we’re passionate about doing things differently. We want to challenge the industry and look for better ways of doing things. As a company, Macquarie Technology Group are hardworking, results and success focused, and we work well together. We also take the time to celebrate our success and make sure our people are doing work that makes a difference.
Join a team that’s doing important things to protect our Commonwealth.
We recognise talent, ambition, and passion in people and welcome this to our team; we’re raising the benchmark on service and strive to make a genuine difference.
Macquarie Government has over 15 years’ experience in providing Government agencies with secure, reliable, and proactive services. We provide secure internet gateway services to 42% of federal government agencies and are the first Australian cloud approved by the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD).
This role will be based in Sydney with a blended working arrangement of 3 days in the offices & the remaining working from home. #LI-Hybrid
A unique and exciting opportunity to join us at Macquarie Government as a Cloud Architect who is a key part of this team and a core member of a highly skilled team committed to the support of a portfolio of Government customers. The customers utilise our Secure Internet Gateway and Secure Cloud solutions. The Cloud Architect will provide architecture design and deployment of new products to the security product catalogue.
Reporting to the Chief Product and Operating Officer in Macquarie Government, you will play a critical role in the overall growth and operational efficiency of the group.
What you'll be doing
- Creating the Cloud Technology solutions
- Cloud Architecture Leadership and best practice collaboration
- Work with and be across all technology and projects both new and emerging
- Ensure all deployment of solutions is achieved
- Create and maintain process & procedures relevant to the technology and in accordance with the necessary frameworks and accreditations used my MacTel
Your ideal skills & experience
- Hold a minimum of 7 years’ experience in data centre and the major service provider storage platforms
- Extensive experience within a Storage Area network, using both IP and Fibre Protocols
- Solid knowledge using Windows VDI, Linux VDI and or Gold Image is desirable
- Advanced knowledge of Virtualisation and Cloud technologies
- Strong documentation skills and the ability to write clear Work Instructions for build and operations engineers to follow.
- You’d be joining a company that has the highest Net Promoter Score on the ASX, the World's best customer experience & crowned in 2020 at the World Communications Awards.
- You’ll get to make an impact: Enjoy being part of a driven team with a collaborative culture that values decision-makers and action
- We Invest in you: Accelerate your career through our learning & development opportunities - think Gallup strengths-based training, defined career pathways & fantastic internal mobility opportunities across the group
You will be joining a great team who have trust of 42% of Australian Federal Government. Our customers enjoy working with us, and our teams are working with new technology and new ideas. We have a flat management structure and a management team who want the best for, and from, their team.
If this excites you, let’s chat.