Senior Network Security Engineer
Level 12, 221 London Circuit, Canberra ACT 2600
Government – Government /
There’s something special about working for Macquarie Government. We have over 15 years of experience in providing Government agencies with secure, reliable, and proactive services.
The way we do this is completely different from our competitors - we provide the best customer experience in Australia. We recognise talent, ambition and passion in people and welcome this to our team as we are raising the benchmark on service and strive to make a genuine difference.
Here’s your chance to become a part of this.
The Macquarie Government Senior Gateway and Cloud Engineer is a key member of a highly skilled engineering team committed to the supporting Government customers. Our customers utilise Macquarie’s Secure Internet Gateway and Cloud Hosting Solutions. This role is responsible for providing third level engineering, technical guidance and specialist infrastructure support.
What you'll be doing
- Support knowledge management initiatives to ensure technical design and support information is comprehensively documented to encompass new product introduction or changes to existing designs
- Undertake service validation and testing activities to provide the assurance that infrastructure is robust and implemented in a resilient manner
- Support transition planning for significant infrastructure changes
- Implement work arounds to achieve incident remediation and apply problem resolution activities to achieve final corrective actions
- Assess business requirements for new opportunities to support the technical consultancy/pre-sales function.
- Undertake systems analysis and process design review to determine compatibility of infrastructure and services proposed
- Develop new and assess existing implementation plans for new infrastructure deployments
- Raise associated change management documentation including performing risk assessments and communication plans to support the implementation of new infrastructure
- Undertake release and deployment activities of new infrastructure ensuring a smooth transition into operations
- Participate in lifecycle management activities for future planned work to ensure the environment is maintaining compliance
Your ideal skills and experience
- You have current Baseline or NV1 Security Clearance
- You have a consultative approach and ability to interact with a wide range os stakeholders. Ideally, you come from a professional services background
- You have 10+ overall IT experience with your latest roles focused on networking, infrastructure and security
- You have networking and security experience in highly complex environments
- You have experience with VMWare or other virtualisation technologies, Firewalls (Fortinet preferred), VPN, Routing and Switching, Proxy – Websense / Bluecoat, F5 load balancing and Email and Web Security
- You sthrive in the fast paced environment with a large variety of projects and are comfortable in a lean project team
- You’d be joining a company that has the highest Net Promoter Score on the ASX, the World's best customer experience & crowned in 2020 at the World Communications Awards.
- You’ll get to make an impact: Enjoy being part of a driven team with a collaborative culture that values decision-makers and action
- We Invest in you: Accelerate your career through our learning & development opportunities - think Gallup strengths-based training, defined career pathways & fantastic internal mobility opportunities across the group!
You will be joining a great team who have trust of 42% of Australian Federal Government. Our customers enjoy working with us, and our teams are working with new technology and new ideas. We have a flat management structure and a management team who want the best for, and from, their team.
If this excites you, let’s chat.