Machine Learning Engineer (Intern)
Mumbai, MH /
Engineering – Data Engineering and Data Science /
Full time (Intern)
Mactores is a team of emerging technologists, data engineers, and data scientists driven by excellence in technology to solve critical business problems. We help bridging complex business challenges with technical expertise. Specializing in AI, Fast Data, Industrial IoT and Cloud helps us collaborate with organizations that view technology as a strategic driver to success.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you love solving business problems using technology. You work with business leads, analysts, and data scientists to understand the business domain and engage with fellow engineers to build data products that empower better decision-making. You are passionate about the data quality of our business metrics and the flexibility of your solution that scales to respond to broader business questions.
If you love to solve problems using your skills, then come join the Team Mactores. We have a casual and fun office environment that actively steers clear of rigid "corporate" culture, focuses on productivity and creativity, and allows you to be part of a world-class team while still being yourself.
What you will do
- Understanding business objectives and developing models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress
- Analyzing the ML algorithms that could be used to solve a given problem and ranking them by their success probability
- Exploring and visualizing data to gain an understanding of it, then identifying differences in data distribution that could affect performance when deploying the model in the real world
- Verifying data quality, and/or ensuring it via data cleaning
- Finding available datasets online that could be used for training
- Training models and tuning their hyper parameters
- Analyzing the errors of the model and designing strategies to overcome them
- Deploying models to production
What we are looking for
- Hands-on exposure in data modeling, data visualization, and pipeline design and development
- Hands-on exposure to Machine learning concepts like supervised learning, unsupervised learning, RNN, DNN.
- Prior experience working with business stakeholders, in an enterprise space is a plus
- Great communication skills. You should be able to directly communicate with senior business leaders, embed yourself with business teams, and present solutions to business stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of the tasks projects end to end, strong analytical skills.
You are preferred if
- Prior internships held with Data Engineering or Data Science
- Experience of working on any professional or academic project
Mactores provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.
Note: Please answer as many questions as possible with this application, to accelerate the hiring process.