AWS DevOps Engineer (Freelancer)
Engineering – DevOps and Cloud Engineering /
Freelancer (Remote) /
Mactores is a trusted leader among businesses in providing modern data platform solutions. Since 2008, Mactores have been enabling businesses to accelerate their value through automation by providing End-to-End Data Solutions that are automated, agile, and secure. We collaborate with customers to strategize, navigate, and accelerate an ideal path forward with a digital transformation via assessments, migration, or modernization.
You will be part of the DevOps engineers' team, managing large customer deployments using the DevOps Engineering principles such as Infrastructure as a Code, CI/CD, Automated Monitoring for large enterprise Applications, customer applications, and Big data Workloads. You will have hands-on technology expertise coupled with a background in professional services and client-facing skills. You are passionate about the best practices of cloud deployment and ensuring the customer expectation is set and met appropriately. You will help us build scalable, efficient cloud infrastructure.
You’ll implement monitoring for automated system health checks. Lastly, you’ll build our CI pipeline, and train and guide the team in DevOps practices. If you love to solve problems using your skills, then come join the Team Mactores. We have a casual and fun office environment that actively steers clear of rigid "corporate" culture, focuses on productivity and creativity, and allows you to be part of a world-class team while still being yourself.
What you will do?
- Automate operational and service provisioning workflows using Infrastructure as a Code using Terraform.
- Perform application configuration management, and application-deployment tool enabling infrastructure as code.
- Take ownership of the Build and release cycle of the customer project.
- Share the responsibility for deploying releases and conducting other operations maintenance.
- Enhance operations infrastructures such as Jenkins clusters, Bitbucket, monitoring tools (Consul), and metrics tools such as Graphite and Grafana.
- Provide operational support for the rest of the Engineering team to help migrate our remaining dedicated hardware infrastructure to the cloud.
- Establish and maintain operational best practices.
What are we looking for?
- 4+ years of experience in using Terraform for IaaC
- 4+ years of configuration management and engineering for large-scale customers, ideally supporting an Agile development process.
- 4+ years of Linux or Windows Administration experience.
- 4+ years of version control systems (git), including branching and merging strategies.
- 2+ Experience in working with AWS Infrastructure, and platform services.
- 2+ Experience in cloud automation tools (Ansible, Chef).
- Exposure to working on container services like Kubernetes on AWS, ECS, and EKS
- You are extremely proactive at identifying ways to improve things and to make them more reliable.
You will be preferred if
- Expertise in multiple cloud services providers: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional or Associate Level Certificate
- AWS DevOps Professional Certificate
Life at Mactores
We care about creating a culture that makes a real difference in the lives of every Mactorian. Our 10 Core Leadership Principles that honor Decision-making, Leadership, Collaboration, and Curiosity drive how we work.
1. Be one step ahead
2. Deliver the best
3. Be bold
4. Pay attention to the detail
5. Enjoy the challenge
6. Be curious and take action
7. Take leadership
8. Own it
9. Deliver value
10. Be collaborative
We would like you to read more details about the work culture on https://mactores.com/careers
The Path to Joining the Mactores Team
At Mactores, our recruitment process is structured around three distinct stages:
You will be invited to participate in a series of pre-employment evaluations to assess your technical proficiency and suitability for the role.
Managerial Interview: The hiring manager will engage with you in multiple discussions, lasting anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, to assess your technical skills, hands-on experience, leadership potential, and communication abilities.
HR Discussion: During this 30-minute session, you'll have the opportunity to discuss the offer and next steps with a member of the HR team.
At Mactores, we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all of our employment practices, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. This policy extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, compensation, promotions, transfers, disciplinary action, layoff, training, and social and recreational programs. All employment decisions will be made in compliance with these principles.
Note: Please answer as many questions as possible with this application to accelerate the hiring process.