Software Engineer - Backend 🛠
Paris, France /
Full-Time / CDI
Following an exciting Series A round, we're expanding our Engineering team and are looking for a Backend Engineer having a solid experience in building data-intensive applications. This engineer will design and help to develop our most advanced backend and data apps and will lead the backend strategy at MadKudu for the years to come.
We're looking for someone passionate, smart, and creative who's above all not afraid of technical challenges!
If this sounds like you, then apply today! We can't wait to get to know you!
Why is this mission so very important?
We're a SaaS company serving an API powered by algorithms running on huge amounts of data connected to a large variety of source systems. Behind these fancy keywords, there is a strong, resilient, and reliable backend on which everything else is built. In brief, a rich and powerful backend is essential to the success of the company.
What does Engineering at MadKudu look like?
We're growing fast but we're still a human-sized company (25 people) which means you're joining a rocket ship right before liftoff ⚡️
We're across two continents and countries but the Engineering Team is located in Paris. It is currently composed of 6 engineers (1 Head of Engineering, 2 full-stack engineers, 1 front-end engineer, 2 backend engineer). Joining the team, you'll have the opportunity to grow alongside your colleagues and learn new things every single day.
We've built our application using Node.js (with some chunks of Python) and AWS services and are constantly improving our stack to match our needs. We're big proponents of technology choices that maximize ownership, flexibility, and asynchronous work (continuous delivery, microservices, infrastructure-as-code).
We're working with some amazing customers, including some that you probably already know as an engineer: MongoDB, Heroku, etc.
What will you be doing?
- Tackle complex data pipeline problems to scale our platform to billions of rows of data per day, using Python (Apache Airflow) and Node.js/TypeScript
- Unify the real-time and batch layers of our data architecture
- Build new integrations to grab and analyze data from anywhere
Skills and experience
- Professional English proficiency (as we're an American company 🇺🇸)
- Passion for creating value for customers and users
- 2+ years of experience in backend/data engineering
- Experience with data-intensive applications (work queues, high-throughput systems, data engineering)
- Experience with relational databases
- Affinity for data science and machine learning
- Ability to understand and communicate trade-offs in fast-paced product development
- Experience working with startups, particularly in SaaS
- Experience deploying and monitoring production applications to AWS
- Experience with node.js / Typescript
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Deep knowledge of even-toed ungulates
Thank you for taking a look at MadKudu. We know you have choices, and we know you're one of the best at what you do, and we hope you'll give us the opportunity to show you what working at MadKudu can be like: fun & rewarding, both personally & professionally.
Founded in 2015, MadKudu is focused on tackling one of the hardest challenges facing businesses today: relevance at scale. Today we help marketing & sales teams at B2B companies make the best decisions at every phase of the customer journey - smart forms that dynamically re-route high-potential leads to a 'fast lane,' real-time lead scoring to help prioritize the 20% of leads that generate 80% of revenue, and topical enrichment for outbound teams so they can focus on what they do best: helping companies who need their product get it faster.
Founders Sam Levan (CEO) & Francis Brero (CPO) have over 25 years of combined experience in the predictive analytics space, and are combining machine learning and an innovative methodology to help SaaS companies make the best decisions at every step of the customer funnel.
MadKudu is based in Mountain View, California & Paris,France - two places known for brilliant engineers, delicious wine and a love for the outdoors - and have raised $9 Million with BGV, Alven Capital, Partech Ventures, TechStars & Social Capital.