Software Engineer - Back-end 🛠
Full-Time / CDI
Every day MadKudu is helping our customers engage their users in the most relevant way, and we're looking for a Full-Stack Engineer to help us build our applications to deliver this value to our customers. We're looking for a pragmatic generalist, passionate about creating value and building great applications in a fast-paced environment.
What does Engineering looks like at MadKudu looks like?
We're a small engineering team today (1 CTO, 1 Engineering manager, 1 back-end engineer, 1 full-stack engineer, 1 growth engineer), which means you'll have the opportunity to get to know every one of your colleagues, learn from them and share with them, and learn new things every single day.
We're also growing fast, but we're still a human-sized company (20 people) which means you're joining a rocket ship right before liftoff ⚡️
We're already working with some amazing customers 🤩 like InVision, Segment, IBM, Algolia, Shopify, helping their marketing & sales teams make better decisions every day.
We need engineers who are passionate about creating value for customers, who are comfortable solving a problem 80% of the way in 20% of the time because the customer needs it yesterday, and who are able to get up and running from day one.
Are you a pragmatic engineer? Then apply today! We can't wait to get to know you!
What will you be doing?
- Tackle complex data pipeline problems to scale our platform to billions of rows of data per day
- Unify the real-time and batch layers of our data architecture
- Build new integrations to grab and analyze data from anywhere
- Manage entity resolution across systems to be able to get data from anywhere and send it everywhere
- Build a platform to automate the training of machine learning models
Skills and experience
- Professional English proficiency (as we're an American company 🇺🇸)
- Passion for creating value for customers and users
- 1-3 years of experience in back-end engineering
- Experience with data-intensive applications (work queues, high-throughput systems, data engineering)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Affinity for data science and machine learning
- Ability to understand and communicate trade-offs in fast-paced product development
- Experience working with startups, particularly in SaaS
- Experience deploying and monitoring production applications to AWS
- Experience with node.js / Typescript
- Deep knowledge of even-toed ungulates
Thank you for taking a look at MadKudu. We know you have choices, and we know you're one of the best at what you do, and we hope you'll give us the opportunity to show you what working at MadKudu can be like: fun & rewarding, both personally & professionally.
Founded in 2015, MadKudu is focused on tackling one of the hardest challenges facing businesses today: relevance at scale. Today we help marketing & sales teams at B2B companies make the best decisions at every phase of the customer journey - smart forms that dynamically re-route high-potential leads to a 'fast lane,' real-time lead scoring to help prioritize the 20% of leads that generate 80% of revenue, and topical enrichment for outbound teams so they can focus on what they do best: helping companies who need their product get it faster.
Founders Sam Levan (CEO), Paul Cothenet (CTO) & Francis Brero (CRO) have over 25 years of combined experience in the predictive analytics space, and are combining machine learning and an innovative methodology to help SaaS companies make the best decisions at every step of the customer funnel.
MadKudu is based in Mountain View, California & Paris,France - two places known for brilliant engineers, delicious wine and a love for the outdoors - and have raised $3.5 Million with Alven Capital. Partech Ventures, TechStars & Social Capital.