Full-Time / CDI
Every day MadKudu is helping our customers engage their users in the most relevant way, and we're looking for an Operations Engineer to help us manage the operations to deliver this value to our customers.
We're looking for an engineer driven by the desire to serve its customers and teammates and passionate by automation.
What does Engineering at MadKudu looks like?
We're a small engineering team today (1 CTO, 1 Engineering Manager, 1 senior back-end engineer, 1 full-stack engineer, 1 growth engineer), which means you'll have the opportunity to get to know every one of your colleagues, learn from them and share with them, and learn new things every single day.
We're growing fast (from 5 to 20 in 1 year), but we're still a human-sized company (20 kudus so far) which means you're joining a rocket ship right before liftoff ⚡️
We're already working with some amazing customers 🤩 like InVision, Segment, IBM, Shopify, Algolia or MongoDB, helping their marketing & sales teams make better decisions every day.
We need engineers who are passionate about creating value for customers, who are comfortable solving a problem 80% of the way in 20% of the time because the customer needs it yesterday, and who are able to get up and running from day one.
Why your role will be important for MadKudu
We're a SaaS company processing large amounts of data connected to a large variety of source systems. By definition, the customer data we ingest is customized, sparse, and sometimes huge. Yet this data must be standardized and quickly loaded in our systems to make it available to CSEs for data science needs. And at the end of our processes, it's our own standardized data which have to be quickly sent back to the customer source systems.
It's why ensuring reliable and efficient operations is essential to the success of the company.
What will you be doing? 😃
- You'll drive internal and external operations for the benefit of our customers and our data scientists (using SQL, scripting, etc.). Everyone will see you as the expert on Operations.
- You'll automate everything that can be automated. As an engineer, you know that a manual operation is inefficient and error-prone. With automating them, you'll boost the productivity (and happiness!) of everyone.
- You'll will take care of the production
- You'll will contribute to the Engineering roadmap
Skills and experience
- 2-5 year experience as an Operations Engineer or DevOps
- Professional English proficiency (as we're an American company 🇺🇸)
- Proficiency in SQL
- Great scripting skills
- Passion for infra, systems and production topics (monitoring, automation, deployment on AWS, CI/CD, etc.)
- Deep empathy for the users!
- Superior organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Team spirit 👨👩👧👦
Bonus skills 🍒
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Airflow
- Advanced SQL skills (eg. database administration)
- Experience working in a data-driven environment (SLAs, metrics, etc.)
- Experience with creating original parrots emojis on slack 🦜
Thank you for taking a look at MadKudu. We know you have choices, and we know you're one of the best at what you do, and we hope you'll give us the opportunity to show you what working at MadKudu can be like: fun & rewarding, both personally & professionally.
Founded in 2015, MadKudu is focused on tackling one of the hardest challenges facing businesses today: relevance at scale. Today we help marketing & sales teams at B2B companies make the best decisions at every phase of the customer journey - smart forms that dynamically re-route high-potential leads to a 'fast lane,' real-time lead scoring to help prioritize the 20% of leads that generate 80% of revenue, and topical enrichment for outbound teams so they can focus on what they do best: helping companies who need their product get it faster.
Founders Sam Levan (CEO), Paul Cothenet (CTO) & Francis Brero (CRO) have over 25 years of combined experience in the predictive analytics space, and are combining machine learning and an innovative methodology to help SaaS companies make the best decisions at every step of the customer funnel.
MadKudu is based in Mountain View, California & Paris,France - two places known for brilliant engineers, delicious wine and a love for the outdoors - and have raised $3.5 Million with Alven Capital. Partech Ventures, TechStars & Social Capital.