Senior Customer Success Manager
Mountain View, California /
Customer Success /
Full-Time / CDI
MadKudu is growing rapidly and is solving a traditional problem in the marketing and revenue operations space in an innovative way by leveraging modern data science techniques. The result is that our customers who are often marketing and revenue operations professionals realize value by accelerating revenue realization of their respective companies.
The Senior CSM is a critical role at MadKudu - not only will you be responsible for retention and growth of a portfolio of VIP customers but you are also a leader internally at MadKudu. You will help build out the CS functions by executing on strategic initiatives that help the CS team scale their operations. Further, you will help onboard new CSM hires and provide coaching for less experienced CSMs on best practices, understanding our customers and the marketing and revenue domain, playbooks that result in positive outcomes. If you are a leader and want to make an huge impact to MadKudu's critical growth phase, this is the place to be.
Aside from the skills and characteristics mentioned above, the Senior CSM has the track record for consistently beating revenue goals in terms of retention as well as expansion potentially as an IC or within a team setting where less experienced CSMs support you. In addition, you bring the ability to navigate complex enterprises and are able to map and develop success plans that help our customers manage changes to core workflows that have a significant impact to revenue acceleration. Last but not least, you are able to gain the confidence and trust of your customers across all levels within their respective organizations. These include initial champions, decision makers, critical stakeholders and VP or C-Level executives.
MadKudu is solving a huge pain point in the marketing operations space by employing a modern data-science driven solution that allows marketing teams to help sales identify the quickest path to booking revenue. We are experiencing rapid growth, have a fanatic customers base and a strong company culture. If you're interested in helping build a world-class CS team within a company that is rapidly disrupting the traditional marketing and revenue operations world, then this is the place for you.
- Lead a portfolio of high value strategic customers (e.g., ARR > $2M ) to success as an individual contributor or as a the lead in a team setting.
- Drive customers to value realization by adopting MadKudu's cross-funnel use cases in their marketing and revenue operation workflows and by strategically employing change management best practices within customer's organization.
- Consistently achieve high net revenue retention rates by ensuring low gross churn while driving expansion revenue opportunities with Sales partnership.
- Create and maintain a trusted partner relationship with customers, working with both C-Level executives for driving long-term strategic objectives and with marketing ops and demand generation teams for near-term roadmap and priorities.
- Lead strategic meetings and Executive Business Reviews to share tactical advice.
- Coordinate with the Professional Services team to provide tailored expert recommendations that lead to adoption of new use cases and ultimately expansion revenue.
- Lead CS specific and cross-department company initiatives that will enable to MadKudu to grow and scale effectively including CS playbook development, optimizing internal handoffs, product advocacy and other processes.
- Train, onboard and mentor new employees joining the CS team.
- Nurture customer relationships that result in valuable customer case studies, sponsors users for product development, community evangelists and strategic advise that inform MadKudu's growth and direction.
- Be the ultimate customer Champion and the voice of the customer internally at MadKudu.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years as CSM in a SaaS B2B environment managing strategic or enterprise level customers
- 8+ years overall experience as a customer facing resource whether in Sales, CS, Consulting and etc.
- Proven track record of growing the customer ACV and identifying expansion opportunities with your customers
- High level domain expertise in Marketing and Sales Operations functional area and general background in the Marketing B2B industry.
- High level understanding of marketing, demand-generation and CRM technology stacks.
- Experience working on companies with deeply technical product including but not limited to business intelligence, data science, AI / machine learning, predictive analytics and etc.
- Responsible for leading projects and/or teams (professionally or in personal activities) to successful outcomes
Founded in 2015, MadKudu is focused on tackling one of the hardest challenges facing businesses today: relevance at scale. Today we help marketing & sales teams at B2B companies make the best decisions at every phase of the customer journey - smart forms that dynamically re-route high-potential leads to a 'fast lane,' real-time lead scoring to help prioritize the 20% of leads that generate 80% of revenue, and topical enrichment for outbound teams so they can focus on what they do best: helping companies who need their product get it faster.
Founders Sam Levan (CEO) & Francis Brero (CRO) have over 20 years of combined experience in the predictive analytics space, and are combining machine learning and an innovative methodology to help SaaS companies make the best decisions at every step of the customer funnel.
MadKudu is based in Mountain View, California & Paris, France - two places known for brilliant engineers, delicious wine and a love for the outdoors. We've just raised our Series A and are backed by BGV, Alven Capital, Partech Ventures, TechStars & Social Capital.