Area Business Manager - Hiring Nationwide
Hiring for multiple territories nationwide!
About the job
At Madrigal, we are committed to transforming treatment for patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). NASH will soon become the leading cause of liver transplantation in the U.S., but there are currently no approved medications to treat the disease.
Madrigal’s lead candidate, resmetirom, is a once-daily, oral, thyroid hormone receptor (THR)-β selective agonist that is designed to target key underlying causes of NASH in the liver. Positive results from the first of two Phase 3 clinical trials of resmetirom in NASH were announced in January 2022; and results from a second Phase 3 clinical trial in December of 2022. We are excited to announce NDA Acceptance and Priority Review with an assigned Prescription Drug User Fee Act date of March 14, 2024 for Resmetirom for the Treatment of NASH with Liver Fibrosis.
Madrigal has established its leadership position in NASH by staying true to its science-driven foundation and building a company culture based on collaboration and trust. Our team members are focused on delivering results for the benefit of healthcare providers, and most importantly, patients. These values will remain central to Madrigal as the company grows and evolves its commercial capabilities to prepare for a potential first-to-market launch in NASH.
Madrigal’s commercial team
Madrigal’s commercial team is in constant pursuit of excellence in all that we do. Conducting our business in an honest and transparent fashion is of the utmost importance to us. We have a “business owner” mentality and understand the responsibility and opportunity we have been given to bring a potentially revolutionary therapy to patients and their healthcare providers (HCPs). It is essential for the commercial team to have an in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the resmetirom program and developments in NASH, as we prepare to answer the needs of the patients and healthcare providers we hope to serve with the approval and launch of resmetirom in the U.S.
Opportunity and Summary of Position:
In this role, the Area Business Manager (ABM) will develop the territory business plan to achieve/exceed business and sales goals. You will work closely with your team and others across the organization to execute and deliver sales results that contribute to the overall performance, culture, and success of the organization. The Area Business Manager will play a pivotal role in introducing Madrigal and our potential groundbreaking first-to-market product addressing a significant patient unmet need. As an Area Business Manager, you will be responsible for building relationships with healthcare professionals, driving product adoption, and, achieving sales goals within your designated territory. You will work closely with a cross-functional team to educate healthcare providers about the product profile of our innovative therapy.
The Area Business Manager will exhibit exceptionally strong clinical and business acumen. Existing relationships with local GI HCPs is strongly preferred, as is working knowledge of market access and local impacts on territory-level business trends. The successful candidate will have an in-depth understanding of analytics to identify business opportunities and create actionable business plans for execution at launch. It is expected that this team member will display a high level of collaboration with cross-functional colleagues to create a positive customer experience for a diverse range of healthcare professionals.
- Develop a deep understanding of resmetirom, its mechanism of action, and its clinical benefits.
- Effectively communicate the clinical profile of the product to healthcare professionals
- Tailor product presentations to the specific needs and interests of each healthcare provider.
- Create a detailed territory-level business plan to ensure successful launch execution post FDA approval.
- Strategically plan and prioritize sales activities to maximize coverage and impact within your assigned territory.
- Identify and target key healthcare providers, including gastroenterologists, endocrinologists, and APPs.
- Analyze and ensure utilization of sales and marketing tools and other resources provided to educate healthcare professionals on the company’s product(s).
Education and Training:
- Provide in-depth product training and education to healthcare professionals and their staff.
- Stay up to date on the latest clinical data and treatment guidelines related to GI specialty.
- Ability to display a high level of clinical and business acumen; accountability for self to demonstrate mastery level of clinical knowledge, including assessments.
- Develop an actionable business plan to execute effective sales strategies and tactics to drive product adoption to meet or exceed sales objectives.
- Continuously analyze sales data and market trends to adapt your approach and improve performance.
- Drive sales results while effectively and compliantly promoting the company’s product(s) to targeted HCPs and other healthcare professionals.
- Work collaboratively and compliantly with cross-functional field-facing partners to develop internal and external customer focused initiatives and deliver a positive customer experience.
- Demonstrate patient centric mindset.
- Follow up on customers’ and cross-functional partner requests with a sense of urgency in a legal and compliant manner.
- Establish and cultivate strategic relationships with physicians and other healthcare professionals within a designated geography.
- Spearhead cross-functional collaboration and serve as a commercial lead for customer engagement model.
Compliance and Reporting
- Comply with all legal, regulatory, compliance, and company policies and demonstrate a high level of integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of sales calls, interactions, and expenses.
- Generate regular reports on territory performance and market insights.
- Attend all company-sponsored sales and medical meetings as directed by management; attend live conferences and/or programs as necessary as a Madrigal representative.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior specialty launch experience is preferred
- Proven track record of success in the pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical, medical device, or related sales; GI experience is strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of the local GI market and the challenges faced by healthcare providers
- Local experience; proven access to local GI thought leaders within assigned territory strongly preferred
- Ability to utilize sales and market data to create actionable territory business plans to drive sales results
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; including proven ability to successfully influence in the virtual setting.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly motivated, self-driven, goal-oriented, and adaptable
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with healthcare professionals
- Ability to learn complex scientific and technical information and effectively communicate to a broad audience of healthcare professionals
- Advocate for creating an inclusive, diverse, and positive culture based on trust, transparency, and teamwork
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel as needed (including overnights and/or weekends) is required
- Frequent travel between meeting sites, requiring the ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Frequent use of a computer, iPad, telephone, printer, or other office equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must live within territory boundaries and ideally near the workload center to ensure a positive work/life balance
$140,000 - $190,000 a year
An attractive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate. It will include a competitive base salary, incentive bonus, and car allowance for travel within the territory. A benefits package customary to the position will also be provided including 401k match, medical and dental.
Madrigal is an equal-opportunity employer
Madrigal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will judge all applicants based on their qualifications for the job, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Unsolicited resumes from agencies should not be forwarded to Madrigal. Madrigal will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes through this source. Madrigal will only pay a fee to agencies if a formal agreement between Madrigal and the agency has been established.
Please be aware that we are currently receiving numerous reports of individuals misrepresenting themselves as Madrigal Pharmaceuticals’ Hiring Managers, seeking to engage with job candidates through fraudulent online advertisements or job posting sites. These unauthorized individuals are using Madrigal’s name and logo in an attempt to solicit up-front fees and obtain personal information from interested job candidates. Please know that Madrigal does not conduct interviews via text or in chat rooms; conduct interviews via Skype, RingCentral or solely via telephone; charge candidates an advance fee of any kind (e.g., fees for purchasing equipment); nor does it offer positions of employment without undergoing a thorough recruiting process. Interviews with Madrigal are conducted via the Zoom platform.
Please also note that any correspondence with regard to employment would come from an authorized madrigalpharma.com email address or from an email address from one of our trusted search firm partners. We are aware that incorrect/fraudulent email addresses, with Madrigal misspelled, have been utilized in these most recent fraud attempts. If you receive unsolicited employment offers from people claiming to work for Madrigal we recommend that you: do not respond to their questions; do not open any attachments; and do not click on any hyperlinks.