Director, Patient Advocacy
Full Time /
The Director, Patient Advocacy is a key role for Madrigal Pharmaceuticals and will be a major contributor in shaping the future success of the company. Reporting to the V.P. of Corporate Communications and Patient Advocacy, the Director, Patient Advocacy will be responsible for developing and driving implementation of Madrigal Patient Advocacy programs.
Candidates for the role must have outstanding interpersonal communication skills and a collaborative mindset. Key responsibilities/deliverables would include management of regular partnership calls with patient advocates, oversight of the Patient Advocacy Grants review committee process, internal communications to infuse the patient voice into Madrigal’s business practices, and collaboration with Marketing and Communications team members seeking to identify and share patient stories to improve disease education.
1. Strategic Leadership:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive patient advocacy strategy aligned with the organization's corporate objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate patient advocacy initiatives into overall healthcare delivery strategies.
2. Advocacy Programs Management:
- Oversee the design and execution of patient advocacy programs to address the unique needs of diverse patient populations with NASH.
- Develop and maintain relationships with patient advocacy groups, non-profit organizations, and other stakeholders to enhance the impact of advocacy efforts.
- Coordinate review of grant and sponsorship proposals from patient advocacy groups.
3. Patient Education and Empowerment:
- Design and implement educational programs to empower patients with knowledge about their rights, treatment options, and available resources.
- Develop materials and resources to support patients in navigating the healthcare system and making informed decisions about their care.
4. Patient Welfare:
- Help address patient concerns and complaints, ensuring timely and effective resolution.
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify and address systemic issues affecting patient satisfaction and well-being.
5. Policy and Regulatory Compliance:
- Stay informed about healthcare policies and regulations, advocating for changes that positively impact patient care.
- Ensure organizational compliance with relevant laws and regulations related to patient rights and privacy.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, life sciences, public affairs, or communications. Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven experience in patient advocacy, healthcare communications, healthcare administration, or a related role.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Commitment to promoting patient-centered care.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare systems, policies, and regulations.
- Ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We respect individual differences, embrace diversity throughout the organization, and value the unique strengths of each employee. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status.
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website, www.madrigalpharma.com, to apply for this position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.