FIRST A BIT ABOUT US
We are a startup studio located in Seattle with funding from Madrona Venture Group, other VCs, and top Seattle and Bay Area entrepreneurs and investors. We work with entrepreneurs to identify ideas for industry- and world-changing companies and then apply a rigorous validation process to build only the very best ones. Because of our investment in vetting startup ideas, we know that when we move forward with a company it has an extraordinary chance to be an outsize success.
Ready to work on a big idea with the support and backing of Madrona Venture Labs? MVL is working on an ambitious new company in a huge market, and we are looking for an extraordinary entrepreneur to jump in and lead the technology at the founding stage.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an extraordinary technology executive ready to join at co-founding stage, even as the business has already been validated. You will be responsible for building and serving as senior technical leader of a complex product and technology architecture, from clean-sheet design and prototyping to a fully scaled enterprise-grade product. Your ultimate goal will be to build one of the most impactful enterprise companies on the planet. In order to reach that goal, you will have the assistance of a full multifunctional team from our Lab and senior advice from our leadership team who have all successfully built, launched, and exited multiple companies.
To be successful in this role, you’re a driven leader who will dive in and do whatever it takes to succeed.
Some of your most differentiated characteristics are:
- Strategic Vision: You can see the big, risky opportunity, but can focus on what’s most important to success, making the necessary trade offs that propel forward momentum and achievement of goals .
- Drive: You put yourself on the line with your team as you drive forward with relentless energy, creative problem solving, and resilience in the face of obstacles.
- Customer Focused: You focus maniacally on a target customer, constantly iterating and responding to feedback and thinking ahead to serve customers in ways they haven’t thought to ask.
- Integrity: You consistently act with a strong set of human values that earns trust from those around you, maintaining the highest standards for treating everyone with respect and dignity.
- Learning: You are intensely curious, seeking and incorporating new information to better inform your strategic vision and decisions, recognizing mistakes, always remaining open to the best new ideas, and adjusting quickly.
- Leadership: You know how to select and lead people to create a world-class team and inspire and lead them to success.
OUTSTANDING CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Mastery of building complex products and systems at enterprise scale.
- Expert-level technical capability across modern domains of machine learning, cloud, server, and data.
- Familiarity with computer vision and other advanced machine learning applications.
- Significant experience in or creating products for large enterprises, including familiarity with enterprise processes and enterprise-grade systems.
- Outstanding selector and leader of talent, able to build an extraordinary team.
- Able to roll-up your sleeves when appropriate to select technologies or create new designs and prototypes or write production code.
- Leadership experience within a startup (preferred) or in a fast-moving, innovative environment within a larger company.
- Deep product development experience, working cross-functionally to define, build, tune, and bring to market enterprise applications and services.
- Strong credentials, technical vision, and presentation skills that will earn the excitement of investors and prospective team members to want to follow you to build an incredible company
- Excitement to build/support a diverse and talented team.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY IS WHERE IT'S AT
One more important note from our end: we recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we're not standing by. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention processes, as well as our office culture. We try to have every team that spins out of MVL be diverse. Why? Well, partly because a diverse team has a better likelihood of success...but mostly, because it's the right thing to do. So to put it more formally, we’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for all positions will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Because that's how everyone should roll.