Senior Windows Engineer/Architect
FIRST A BIT ABOUT US
We are a startup studio located in Seattle with funding from Madrona Venture Group, other VCs, and top Seattle and Bay Area entrepreneurs and investors. We work with entrepreneurs to identify ideas for industry- and world-changing companies and then apply a rigorous validation process to build only the very best ones. Because of our investment in vetting startup ideas, we know that when we move forward with a company it has an extraordinary chance to be an outsize success.
Interested in the opportunity to be a founding engineer on a huge opportunity, with the support and backing of Madrona Venture Labs?
Madrona Venture Labs is working on an ambitious new company, and we are building a world-class engineering team to help us drive our product vision to reality. It is an extraordinary and rare opportunity to join an exciting VC-track start-up in the B2B space in a market category that is experiencing hyper-growth.
This is the opportunity to be a founding engineer in a VC-track company that will be making an enormous impact. For this role, we are looking for a star engineer with deep expertise in Windows internals to join as a key technical contributor and/or technology implementation with Windows. As a founding engineer, you will have a front-row seat as we build a VC-backed company, from the initial seed investment to ultimate success.
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software development using C++/C#
- A minimum of 3 years of experience of working with Windows Internals
- Excellent C++/C# design and coding skills
- Proficient oral and written communications skills
- Collaborates well in a team environment and motivated to learn new technologies
- Strong drive to contribute and achieve results
- Outstanding character and capability to contribute positively to company culture
- Recent experience working with Windows API’s esp. the accessibility API’s is highly preferred
- Deep knowledge of operating systems and programming frameworks - Windows, ASP.NET
- Deep understanding of Windows internals & integration API’s
- Ability to debug across various environments to quickly identify and resolve issues spanning multiple layers of the technology stack
- Experience in debugging, isolating and repairing software defects
- Experience with dev lifecycle tools like Git etc. and strategies for managing multiple projects
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure and other cloud environments
- Tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to make progress in the face of it
- Understanding and experience in building microservices
- Understanding in software design patterns and practices
- Understanding and experience in unit testing
- Working experience in Agile, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
COMPENSATION AND PERKS
A highly open, diverse & fun work environment with attractive compensation tied to the upside and other benefits and perks
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY IS WHERE IT'S AT
One more important note from our end: we recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we're not standing by. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention processes, as well as our office culture. We try to have every team that spins out of MVL be diverse. Why? Well, partly because a diverse team has a better likelihood of success...but mostly, because it's the right thing to do. So to put it more formally, we’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for all positions will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Because that's how everyone should roll.