CTO - Stratify
Stratify Team /
Stratify’s mission is to empower corporate finance professionals to make better, faster strategic decisions. It offers real-time, collaborative budgeting and forecasting with native integrations to core systems of record, and is built on a modern architecture with a data intelligence layer. Led by CEO Brian Camposano (former-Docker CFO), and chairman, Steve Singh, (Managing Director at Madrona and former Founder and CEO of Concur), Stratify is a venture-backed startup that recently launched out of Madrona Venture Labs.
Highlighted in Geekwire and supported by recent articles from Andreessen Horowitz and Foundation Capital, Stratify has a tremendous opportunity in a validated space. Technology and software for corporate finance, much of which is still built on dated infrastructure, has lagged behind other industries. Up until now, CFOs, FP&A professionals, and business analysts have not been able to leverage real-time data at scale and machine learning, as other fields have, to increase the speed and depth of their analysis, and to drive better decision-making. Stratify will change that.
Stratify is looking for a seasoned technology leader to drive the technical vision and implementation for the company. As the CTO, you will own all aspects of our stack, drive the design of the architecture, and create the application experience for our customers from the ground up. You will be responsible for recruiting, hiring, and retaining an industry-leading, multi-disciplinary team of engineers, architects, and data scientists.
As one of the first executives, you will work closely with the CEO to build an enduring business by fostering an incredible company and engineering culture, contributing to the strategic direction, and helping to manage our best-in-class investors and stakeholders. To be successful in this role, you must be a driven leader who will dive in and do whatever it takes to succeed.
Some of your most differentiated characteristics are:
- Strategic Vision: You can see the big, risky opportunity, but can focus on what’s most important to success, making the necessary trade-offs that propel forward momentum and achievement of goals.
- Drive: You put yourself on the line with your team as you drive forward with relentless energy, creative problem solving, and resilience in the face of obstacles.
- Customer Focus: You focus maniacally on a target customer, constantly iterating and responding to feedback and thinking ahead to serve customers in ways they haven’t thought to ask.
- Integrity: You consistently act with a strong set of human values that earns trust from those around you, maintaining the highest standards for treating everyone with respect and dignity.
- Scrappy: You are able to do more with less, understanding that resources and time are limited. You roll up your sleeves and work alongside your team when necessary, and you creatively prioritize and find cost-effective solutions to the biggest challenges.
- Leadership: You know how to find and recruit a world-class team, and inspire and lead them to success. You are a strong delegator and an even stronger collaborator. You hold yourself and your team accountable to the highest standards.
Outstanding candidates will have:
- 8+ years experience leading engineering teams, including establishing/enforcing best engineering practices, such as unit testing, CI/CD pipelines, code reviews, code cohesion/coupling/connascence metrics, and more.
- 4+ years experience leading technology teams in startups or comparable experience leading cutting-edge innovation teams at larger companies
- Deep experience developing modern Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and cloud microservices technologies
- Built and managed large scale, continuous, and distributed data processing pipelines in cloud environments (e.g. hadoop, spark, kafka, modern/alternative databases/datastores, etc.), including containerization technologies
- Strong understanding of data science and machine learning concepts in a professional setting, including deploying models in production environments
- Expertise in designing technology architectures to achieve the highest levels of availability, scalability, extensibility, and maintainability
- Experience with data lineage, governance applied to enterprise systems
- Led Agile software development teams, and successfully implemented predictable and high-velocity product development processes
- The gift of explaining and selling complicated technical concepts to a non-technical audience, both internally and externally
- Launched industry-changing SaaS and/or enterprise products to market, either at a bigco or a startup
Compensation will reflect the nature of the opportunity, in line with early-stage companies including both equity and cash.
Stratify Technologies, Inc. is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Qualified applicants must be authorized to work in the US for any employer without requiring Visa sponsorship.