FIRST A BIT ABOUT US
We are a startup studio located in Seattle with funding from Madrona Venture Group, other VCs, and top Seattle and Bay Area entrepreneurs and investors. We work with entrepreneurs to identify ideas for industry- and world-changing companies and then apply a rigorous validation process to build only the very best ones. Because of our investment in vetting startup ideas, we know that when we move forward with a company it has an extraordinary chance to be an outsize success.
As Office Manager of MVL, you will be a resourceful, self-starting, flexible and critical member of an experienced team of operators. Specific areas of responsibility for your role include:
- Office management. You will take ownership of the MVL physical space, keeping it organized and inviting and will be MVL’s main point of contact for Create33.
- Investor relations support. You will draft investor communications and organize investor calls and events.
- Legal coordination. You will project manage the formation of new companies and manage legal documents, working closely with MVL’s legal partners and founders.
- Accounting management. You will collect bills and manage expenses. You will request W-9’s for new vendors, consultants, and founders, and maintain records for all billings and other important documents in our electronic files, working closely with our accounting partners.
- Scheduling oversight. You will train and supervise remote Executive Assistants, who manage team schedules, and will be required to step in and help when required.
- Event planning and support. You will plan company and founder events, including venues, schedules, communications, and in some cases travel.
Preferred qualifications and attributes:
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience; startup experience preferred
- Interest in being a part of the Seattle startup ecosystem
- Excellent communication skills and ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with usual Microsoft and GApp tools (mostly Word, Excel, and Google Docs)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY IS WHERE IT'S AT
One more important note from our end: we recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we're not standing by. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention processes, as well as our office culture. We try to have every team that spins out of MVL be diverse. Why? Well, partly because a diverse team has a better likelihood of success...but mostly, because it's the right thing to do. So to put it more formally, we’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for all positions will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Because that's how everyone should roll.