Security Software Engineer - Simplata
Simplata Team /
Simplata Technologies is a new company formed to detect and protect sensitive information flowing into, across, and through the growing cloud applications modern businesses depend on. Simplata began in the fall of 2019 as a project within Madrona Venture Labs. It spun out of MVL in March 2020 and raised initial “pre-seed” funding.
Sensitive data is a broad term that covers both consumer data (PII, personally identifiable information) and the critical and confidential information within a company. While consumer data like email addresses or credit card numbers needs to be protected, it’s just as important for a company to protect internal system passwords, API keys, corporate credit cards, or even the file names for confidential financial documents.
Simplata is the combination of “simple” and “data”. The core idea is that traditional data protection products have been too complicated to configure, to monitor, and to maintain. Customers deserve a simple to deploy and operate service that makes their business data safer. Everything about Simplata from the dashboards and reports to the install of our connectors into cloud applications has to be consistent with that vision.
THE SIMPLATA TEAM
Simplata was founded by Steve Banfield, CEO, and Bruce Roberts, CTO. Both have extensive experience in building great teams and companies. This position will report directly to the CTO.
Simplata is looking for a Security Software Engineer. This is a software engineering position with broad responsibility for designing and implementing security for our applications and infrastructure.
- A successful candidate will have worked as a hands-on software engineer developing multiple aspects of security in enterprise SaaS products. This candidate will have a breadth of experience in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- At least 10 years of experience as a software engineer.
- At least 5 years of experience developing and maintaining security solutions.
- Open-source stack (Docker, Linux, MySQL, Python 3).
- Expert working knowledge of encryption and secrets management.
- Experience integrating with one or more identity systems such Okta, Ping Identity, OAuth, Azure Active Directory.
- Knowledge of authentication and authorization methods and protocols such as SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, SCIM.
- Understanding of relevant core Internet security algorithms and protocols such as SSH, RSA, HTTPS, TLS, MFA/TOTP.
- A deep belief in the importance of company culture and teamwork. The right candidate will want to be a key contributor to the company’s culture over the long term.
- Ability to work remotely throughout the current pandemic environment.
- Experience with early-stage startup environments.
- Web application security experience, including single-page apps using ReactJS.
- Programmatic experience with AWS security, including Security Groups and VPC configuration, AWS Secrets Management, AWS Key Management, and IAM roles.
- Experience building SaaS applications that integrate with numerous other SaaS platforms.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning, static application security testing (SAST), and dynamic application security testing (DAST) tools.
- Ideally, the candidate will be located in the Seattle area. However, with the need for remote work caused by the coronavirus pandemic, exceptional candidates outside the Seattle area will be considered. Preference will be given to candidates located in the US Pacific time zone to make collaboration by phone, Google Meet, Slack, and Zoom more efficient. No international candidates will be considered at this time.
Compensation will reflect the nature of the opportunity, in line with early-stage companies including both equity and cash.
Simplata Technologies is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Qualified applicants must be authorized to work in the US for any employer without requiring Visa sponsorship.