San Francisco, CA
Magenta Labs is an early stage technology startup developing a groundbreaking product in the consumer video market. Our current team hails from Instagram, Facebook, Square, Blizzard and Apple. We're seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to help us achieve our mission.
As an Electrical Engineer at Magenta you will architect, design, validate and build new types of video cameras and accessory hardware. You will work closely with mechanical, firmware, and test engineers to develop thoughtfully crafted designs that optimize every micron and milliwatt. You will also work closely with internal program managers and (external) contract manufacturers to bring your products from prototype to production. You should have deep experience in complex PCBA development integrating processors, cameras, sensors, RF solutions and high speed data interfaces. As well, you should be skilled in low power system design for battery operated systems.
If you are interested in joining a small team of talented people who are passionate about solving challenges to improve photography and videography, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
What you'll work on:
- Lead design and development of electronics in camera related products, which may include SoC and image processing chipsets, sensors, displays, RF and physical interfaces, power supplies, and other support circuitry.
- Design, simulate and test complex analog and digital circuits and systems.
- Own schematic and layout of HDI PCBs and flexible circuit boards for new products.
- Own evaluation and selection of all electrical components used in product designs.
- Develop custom batteries including vendor qualification and selection to meet application needs.
- Collaborate with mechanical, firmware and test engineers to build tightly integrated hardware.
- Work with JDM/CM partners to bring hardware development from prototype to production
Who we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in electrical design
- BS degree or above in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with system level integration of complex products using SoCs and microcontrollers, data and video interfaces like USB, MIPI, and HDI circuit board design
- Experience with rigorous electrical and system validation for consumer products
- Schematic and board design using Altium or equivalent
- Proficient with test equipment for hardware measurement and validation
- Experience with writing and debugging C based firmware for system bring up.
- Experience working with JDM, ODM, CM partners
- Experience as technical lead defining and achieving program goals
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 15% time
Why you want to join us:
- Tight knit team with alums from Instagram, Facebook, Square, Blizzard and Apple
- Solve challenging problems
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Equity in an early stage startup
- Funding support from well respected VCs
- Regular team lunches and offsites
- Kitchen stocked to satisfy your munchies
- Easy access to Caltrain, Muni, and BART
- And the best coffee, no really